I140 question

apahilaj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does any one know if your I140 gets approved what form/approval notice are you supposed to receive from USCIS? Is it 797?

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. May be you can throw some light on my following scenario. I had posted it seperately but no one seems to have replied to it. Would greatly appreciate if you could offer any ideas/thoughts...

I've applied for my I140 under EB2 category at NSC which got transferred to TSC. Interestingly enough, my current status online indicates that USCIS has received the first RFE documents on July 25, 06. Since then, we got the second RFE and the documents was received by them on aug 15, 06 (as tracked through the UPS site). Since we did not hear back from them yet, we had called them up to find out the status of my petition and they indicated that they've already approved my petition on July 19 (before they received documents for first RFE) and have mailed the documents. The agent also indicated that she would talk to the processing center and send the documents again.

So I am confused as to why did we get the second RFE when USCIS already approved my petition. Has any one gone through this scenario before or am I the only unfortunate one? Any light you guys could shed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

If you have your recipt #, you can quickly look up the status of the application on-line (if you hav'nt done it already):

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=eljivJmFfSF9

You will then know, what status your application is at (approved, pending, RFE nitce sent etc).

If (and I hope this is the case) your application is approved, you can ask your company lawyer or your employer to call USCIS and get a duplicate approval notice. Keep in mind though, USCIS does send the approval notice to both employer and lawyer. Also, know that your calling USCIS wil not help, because you are NOT the petitioner of I-140 (your employer is).

Best of luck.

Hello RunninSloth,

Thanks for sharing the information. My problem is I've got two receipt numbers for some strange reason. The original receipt number is the one which when we track indicates that petition has been approved. AFter we sent the documents for first RFE, the receipt number was somehow changed to a different number and when I track status using this second number it still has an old update of them having received the RFE documents. When we called USCIS, the agent was able to track my petition using first receipt number and she confirmed my first, last name and other relevant details and had indicated that it's been approved. So I am not sure what receipt number to rely upon.

Finally, the agent said that she will have the processing dept send the duplicates and if we don't receive anything from them for a month, we should call them up. Do you know how long does it usually take to receive the duplicates from them?

Thanks again for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

That's not your problem. Just get yourself a copy of 140 approval notice in hand. You are golden then. This second recipt number is irrelevent to you.

I have been approved I-140, please someone tell me what this means.

My employer called me up all exited saying I have been approved for the I-140, what I wanna know is what does this mean. Can I work for him with this visa. I asked my attorney and they just said we have to wait know to apply for the residence. That is fine but I would like to know what this approval means to me. I am not living in the US and would like to know if I can go and work for the employer who is helping me out with this approval. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

ricky027mtl,

It seems to me that the best person to ask this question is your lawyer. He should be able to guide you in the right direction as to whether you have to come to the US and join your employer or not.

RunninSloth, would you know how much time approximately does it take when they say that they will send us the duplicate approval notice? Thanks a lot for your suggestions.