I140 Premium Processing, got RFE

Erkanator

Hey Guys,

I applied for I-140 with Premium Processing and got RFE. CIS is requesting Tax Return 2005 but our company doesn't have it yet as they are waiting response from IRS. My attorney said we have 60 days to respond to RFE. There is no chance to get the Tax Return by then. I did provided them W2s for 2005. Do you have any sample cover letter for response to RFE?

What do you suggest, please help me GURUS

Thanks
Erkntr

CIS is requesting YOUR Tax Return 2005 or your company's? it its yours you can get them within 10 days.

Erkanator said:
Hey Guys,

I applied for I-140 with Premium Processing and got RFE. CIS is requesting Tax Return 2005 but our company doesn't have it yet as they are waiting response from IRS. My attorney said we have 60 days to respond to RFE. There is no chance to get the Tax Return by then. I did provided them W2s for 2005. Do you have any sample cover letter for response to RFE?

What do you suggest, please help me GURUS

Thanks
Erkntr

I'd be interested in a response to this question too. I'm sending in my W-2s for the last few years as all indicate I've been paid above the required wage. I'll also include paystubs for the last few months showing a raise in pay for 2006.

I'm with a small company of about 10 people. But the company showed losses in 2005 due to being owed money. I would rather obviously not show thise docs.

Do they ALWAYS ask for company tax returns?

Asking for Company's Tax Returns and other finance records is taken very seriously by USCIS. In such cases, the W2s and the returns that you individuals would provide, suffice to prove that you satisfy the wage requirements. However, it delivers no proof that the sponsoring company has enough dough to keep progressing with future employment, and analogously future sponsorships if needed.

Bottom line: Company financial records are NEEDED. Probably the company CPA can provide "alternative documentation" to substitute the Tax Returns, or could provide proof that the docs are with IRS and thereby could ask INS to consider other letters as the proof of Revenue.

Nevertheless, this item needs to be persued meticulously and diligently by your attorney and possibly company CPA. Otherwise, there is a chance that you will end up getting rejected and losing the time and effort that you spent.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

It's not employee's W2s they are looking for.They are looking for company's ability to pay the employees. Usually they wont ask for employee's W2s.