I140 NON Concurrent Thread

I140helppls

Registered Users (C)
I think its important to track I140 cases that have been file non concurrently to get an idea whether the concurrent cases are the only ones getting approved. Would appreciate if all people could post their details (I mean people who have some activity over the past year ).

My details
RD 5/30/2003
Sub Labor

I140helppls,

It's a good effort to start this thread but I am not sure how many unlucky guys are there like you and me who could not avail this con-current filing option.

RD 08/06/03
EB3, Orig Labor

Hi I140helppls &Zeroc,

I'm a sequential filer too but my attorney suggested me to go for the CP path since it's a lot faster than endless I-485 waiting. Besides, sequential 1-140 file used to have the priority because sequential file doesn't require to do the background check. However, I feel we are so unlucky during the GC process. Firstly, our labor cert. were pending in DOL for almost 1 year just waiting for the stupid instruction from D.C. Then, our 140 applications are pending again due to some unknown reasons which makes me feel uncertain what will happen next.

I don't know about you guys' situation. Do your employer ask you to file sequentially? Why you think only concurrent cases get approved? I thought not many cases were approved during the past 6 months.

RD 8/19/03
EB2 Original Labor

re:

bottom line is employer will not file parallely.
i feel the the concurrent guys have got approved even thought their RD is after us. no idea why ???? but i feel that since they apply for EAD , their I140 gets looked at . i wanted to start this thread so that i could know whether my doubts are correct Or the fact might be that people who filed just the 140 and got approved have never posted their info

I have filed for my wife only I140 last week, so is there an option for us to file I485 concurrently. Yet to recieve my RD. I will update this thread asap.
But please note that we have filed in NIW EB2 categpry/
My situation is that I am on HIB expiring in June 2005.
My friends are suggesting that I should wait for I140 as my H1 visa is expiring in June 2005. So if I file 485 AND Ead and I140 gets rejected then my wife will be out of status and we have to file H4 again for th epending months. I should wait atleast till Jan,05 and if I hear nothing for i140 then I should file 485 .
Any suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
re:

but has her H4 expired if no , then i would assume that say if 140 gets rejected she should come back on H4 right . this is avery grey area ... pls consult a lawyer

I have consulted the lawyer and he says that we will have to reapply for H4 visa for the remaining time.
Can I still file concurrently as I have not received RD?-thanks

What I mean to say is that after recieving RD, if I apply for I485 immediately- will it be considered Concurrent filing?

I filed my I-140 on 10/10/2003.
EB-2; Substitute Labor (my original labor got remanded etc and
that itself is another sad story)

:( :confused:

I am also one of the unlucky of non-concurrent.
my Receipt date is 09/19/03, still pending
it seems that concurrent is fast than non-concurrent but can I file my 485 now, it will be semi concurrent.
what would be the effect of this??

Thanks,
rb180

Hi RB180,
You can apply for I-485 now and still it would be considered a concurrent filing because you did not get your I-140 approval.
The advantage is that your 180 days clock would be started as soon as you file the I-485. Am I right gurus..?
All the best.
Originally posted by rb180
I am also one of the unlucky of non-concurrent.
my Receipt date is 09/19/03, still pending
it seems that concurrent is fast than non-concurrent but can I file my 485 now, it will be semi concurrent.
what would be the effect of this??

Thanks,
rb180

re:

any movement for the non concurrent guys ??? there seems to be movement in the I140 but all cases that i am reading are the concurrent ones

I140helppls,

Buddy, you should get some response (either approval or RFE) soon..This is my gut feeling, there is no supporting doc or anything !

Good luck !

CSC confirms

now csc confirms the aila dates released last week
EB 3 - May 14 2003.
what these guys were working on last 7 days ???

re:

rb180:
No I did not .That might sound a bit strange but honestly I am scared of doing that .I really dont know what my employer would do / not do. It is not good but that is the truth. also i need ead by the end of dec now b'cos thats when my wife graduates and will start looking for job. i know lot of people have applied without the evl and been successful but i just thought that lets wait and see. i was concerned that my employer comes to know thru a rfe or sometrhing and says 'u went against our policies and etc etc ''''

anyways the truth is i think i did not have the guts to take the risk. i dont feel good abt it but thats the truth ...
thanks for ur help and concerns though

re:

Guys please post ur details if you applied just the I140 ?(no I485 ). I havent seen anyone except zeroc and myself who filed just the I140 on all the california forums