I140 NIW approved VSC

afanasii

Registered Users (C)
My I140 NIW got approved today together with EAD
My I140/485/EAD RD is June 2 2005 ND June 8 2005;
i140 AD July 26 2005 :D
EAD AD July 26 2005 :D
FP done July 1st, FP received and case resumed July 18th 2005,
Although me and my wife sent everything together her RD is June 21 and ND june24th 2005, FP done july 14 2005 and case resumed July 21 2005.
Nothing about her EAD yet.
I have couple of questions:
1. I am in a process applying of for H1 visa in the university (not company) and I have to pay a premium processing myself. Do I need a H1 visa or I can cancel it? In other words what are the odds that USCIS will reject my 485?
2. I have to move to Nebraska center, is USCIS going to transfer my case there (it would me disaster!)
3 How to change the address correctly, do I need to write or call to VSC or both?
Thank you very much,
Afanasii

I think it is wasteful to apply for H1B after I140 approval. The chances of I485 denial are extremely slim, but only people who have had it denied can tell you why that could happen.

make sure you apply for or have a valid EAD card and AP, then you are set.

focus1 said:
I think it is wasteful to apply for H1B after I140 approval. The chances of I485 denial are extremely slim, but only people who have had it denied can tell you why that could happen.

make sure you apply for or have a valid EAD card and AP, then you are set.
Focus1,
Thank you for the information,
Afanasii

afanasii said:
My I140 NIW got approved today together with EAD
My I140/485/EAD RD is June 2 2005 ND June 8 2005;
i140 AD July 26 2005 :D
EAD AD July 26 2005 :D
FP done July 1st, FP received and case resumed July 18th 2005,
Although me and my wife sent everything together her RD is June 21 and ND june24th 2005, FP done july 14 2005 and case resumed July 21 2005.
Nothing about her EAD yet.
I have couple of questions:
1. I am in a process applying of for H1 visa in the university (not company) and I have to pay a premium processing myself. Do I need a H1 visa or I can cancel it? In other words what are the odds that USCIS will reject my 485?
2. I have to move to Nebraska center, is USCIS going to transfer my case there (it would me disaster!)
3 How to change the address correctly, do I need to write or call to VSC or both?
Thank you very much,
Afanasii

I believe that you can stop your H1B application now. If something unexpected happens, and you will have problems with your I-485 approval, you may always come back and apply for H1B later (I hope it will never happen to you!).

Could you please tell me which local ASC sent your FP notice/where you did your FP? I am trying to figure out why I haven't received FP notice yet (I filed concurrently to VSC and my NIW I-140 got approved in May 2005). I suspect that, besides other possible reasons for delays, some local ASC are more slow/busy than others.

Thank you in advance!

It was Newark office. I did not have any problems there there was no line, I came exactly the time I was offered (1pm ) and I was done in 10 min.
I guess midday is better then morning there

My advice is also not legal, but my take on the situation is slightly different. I believe that its worth investing in H1B even if there is a 1 in 1000 chance that something will go wrong with I-485. if for any reason 485 is denied, all connected applications are immediately revoked (140, EAD, AP) and one is out of status. IMHO its better to have the H1B umbrella till 485 approval.

For Gpng_dl and others waiting for finger prints notice!

Gpng_dl said:
I believe that you can stop your H1B application now. If something unexpected happens, and you will have problems with your I-485 approval, you may always come back and apply for H1B later (I hope it will never happen to you!).

Could you please tell me which local ASC sent your FP notice/where you did your FP? I am trying to figure out why I haven't received FP notice yet (I filed concurrently to VSC and my NIW I-140 got approved in May 2005). I suspect that, besides other possible reasons for delays, some local ASC are more slow/busy than others.

Thank you in advance!

Gpng_dl:

How you doing? Today my I485 LUD changed, without any change in the message. Did you see change in your case? I wonder if it may be because of name check or finger prints? Any ideas? Also, LUD did not change in my wife's case?

Hopr you're holding up good!

Cheers

GoEagles said:
Gpng_dl:

How you doing? Today my I485 LUD changed, without any change in the message. Did you see change in your case? I wonder if it may be because of name check or finger prints? Any ideas? Also, LUD did not change in my wife's case?

Hopr you're holding up good!

Cheers

Hi GoEagles,
I am at the same stage. My I-485 LUD has changed just once soon after the submission, the same for my wife, without changes in message at that time. No further changes since May '05. No FP notices yet. I suspect 2 possible reasons:
- FBI name check or CIS internal security check still pending (we have some minor diffrences in first name spelling in different documents, that's may be one reason for delays with name check, I don't know :confused: );
- Our local ASC is very busy and we are in line for the FP appointment.

Basically, my understanding is that your LUD change is an indication of some kind of work going on with your "folder". It might be another security check or something. Hope you will see some progress and hear from CIS soon.

My best wishes to you and your family!

Gpng_dl said:
Hi GoEagles,
I am at the same stage. My I-485 LUD has changed just once soon after the submission, the same for my wife, without changes in message at that time. No further changes since May '05. No FP notices yet. I suspect 2 possible reasons:
- FBI name check or CIS internal security check still pending (we have some minor diffrences in first name spelling in different documents, that's may be one reason for delays with name check, I don't know :confused: );
- Our local ASC is very busy and we are in line for the FP appointment.

Basically, my understanding is that your LUD change is an indication of some kind of work going on with your "folder". It might be another security check or something. Hope you will see some progress and hear from CIS soon.

My best wishes to you and your family!

Thanks Gpng_dl:

I guess you're probably right with your guesses. Hope that this step would be cleared soon. Earlier I was worried about I140, now finger prints and I485, I know its only a matter of time. But we humans need something to worry about. Are there any Aliens who've pending applications or is there another CIS center in space which I'm not aware of!

Keep in contact buddy, Cheers...

was it a typo that your approval email wase sent at 10:30pm?

thank you.
nikkasingh said:
My advice is also not legal, but my take on the situation is slightly different. I believe that its worth investing in H1B even if there is a 1 in 1000 chance that something will go wrong with I-485. if for any reason 485 is denied, all connected applications are immediately revoked (140, EAD, AP) and one is out of status. IMHO its better to have the H1B umbrella till 485 approval.