I140 Message Confusion

four80five

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

One of my friend did concurrent filing of I140/I485 in May 2003(TSC)

His I140 message says

"On July 28, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

what does it mean? Is it approval? Till date he didnt get any approval notice in hand. Phone message also says the same
message.

My approved I140 says "This case has been approved.. blah blah..". But it was approoved long time back.

Is this a new message everyone gets after approval? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

It should say

This case has been approved. On (Month day year), an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.....

Ask your firned to contact his lawyer. The appoval notice for 140 should go the company or the lawyer.

hope this help.

Originally posted by four80five
Hi All,

One of my friend did concurrent filing of I140/I485 in May 2003(TSC)

His I140 message says

"On July 28, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

what does it mean? Is it approval? Till date he didnt get any approval notice in hand. Phone message also says the same
message.

My approved I140 says "This case has been approved.. blah blah..". But it was approoved long time back.

Is this a new message everyone gets after approval? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

hi
i got the same message on the online status check. as yet we have not received any letter in the mail. i also don't know what it means.please let me know if u have any info on this.thanks

rama2002,

My friend did not get any approval notice. His lawyer also said
it's not approval. Someone else in this board also got the
same message. In his case it is just a acknowledgement for the
change of address.

My friend also did the address change few days before
getting this message. so we think that, in my friend's case
also it should be an aknowledgment for addresss change.

But, if your are getting this message for your 485, most
probably it will be a FP notice..