I140 & I485 filed to NSC on July 11th, still no receipt date

iyrao

Registered Users (C)
I140 & I485 filed to NSC on July 22nd, still no receipt date

Hai Folks..
There is a growing concern in my mind, what should I do, because sitll now I have not got any receipt notice from INS Nebraska and still they have not even encashed the checks.
It has already been 6 weeks ..lawyer is telling wait for some more time.. and when I enquired with other filers who have filed in the same time frame or after me.. all have got their receipt dates with in 10 days.. Now I am wondering what has befallen upon my case..
Lawer is telling.. the package is delivered...just I have to wait..
but my question is why my case is delayed and many others have got their notices.. even for the cases filed in august first week got the receipt notices ie. filed after me..
any suggestion will be greatly apprecited..
Thanks..
your pal..

Last edited by a moderator:
for me it took 3 months to get the receipt notices. There are lot os people like us. do not worry it is normal.

regards
manju

thanks...Manju
But what went wrong with your file.. did you tried to find out..
I called INS Service center and they told they will look into the matter.. I gave them my name and details....the representative was also confused.. but said some times it happens....
bye the way...in your case were your checks got cleared with in one week or was it 3 months...
-Rao

From my experience

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LAWYERS WORD FOR IT. My lawyer screwed up and sent my docs to VSC instead of NSC. Of course, VSC returned it and was later sent to NSC resulting in a delay of 2 months on my RD. :mad: :(

If possible ask them to send you the receipt for the docs. If it says NSC than there is a genuine delay that is not unheard of. Hope there has been no screw up.

All the best.

Hi iyrao,

I was also worried initially because it took more than 6 weeks to get the receipt notices. I spoke to my lawyeres couple of time, then they decided to refile my applciations with copy of the previous applications (i mean checks, app forms etc) but lawyer was not willing to do that, he asked me to wait, finally when we prepared every thing and was ready to send in the new applications for refiling that day my lawyer received the recipt notices.

Answering your question: My checks were cleared only after the recept notices where sent. i received the receipt notice and the same day i saw that the checks were cashed from my bank. It took 7 weeks for them to give me the receipt notices. This was before 1 year. I can immagine how it will be now. But my suggestion is wait for 8 weeks and you will get it for sure.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Manju

Thanks again for your feed back..for both manju and Rsur
I will certainly double check with the lawyer..whether they have properly filed or not.
I will have to wait for some more time..god only knows..why this delay..
even for my friend who filed on July 29th..got receipt notices..
hey thanks again folks..
I will keep you posted...
cheers too
-Rao

Hai Manju (m2002)
My case is also similar to your case.
My lawyer called the BCIS and told the officer that my package was delivered on July 22nd and he requested to send a copy of my case to his attention and he will make sure that it was not misplaced. My lawyer sent a copy today to be delivered on Monday including my wife's case. He said he will personally look into it and will make sure that it will be given to an analyst immediately. But, he did say that a receipt notice should have been issued so he is going to look into it immediately on Monday.

I will keep you updated.

have a great weekend
-Rao

Checks encashed today

Hello Manju & Rsur
In my previous message I told you that, my lawyer sent a copy of the application form including checks etc..I waited for 1 week and today when I checked the bank account I saw all the checks were encashed..Now I am waiting for the RD and ND.
Thanks a ton for your valuable inputs.
I will keep you posted on further developments.
with some relief
-iyrao

Got the Notice dates from BCIS

Finally got the receipt and notice dates from BCIS..
on September 3rd.

Hi everybody.

My 485 receipt date is JAN 28TH 2003.Can you give me your dates?
I know mine will take atleast 3yrs the way it is going.

Sonia