I140/I485 concurrent filing

Not yet. Anxiously waiting for FP notice. About receipts, my lawyer received it within a week. And then he mailed those to me, which I NEVER received. So I have to call National Customer Services Center to get the receipt nos. The office gave me 3 receipts nos (485/EAD/AP) to me and spoke to my wife to gave her 3 nos. for her applications (485/EAD/AP).

So if you have not received receipt nos. yet, you can call NCSC.

Thanks a lot. this is a very useful information. can you please give me, which NCSC number you have called and what information is needed to tell them. please give the exact steps such as which option you have selected when you called the number. thanks.

Hello Srin72 & Malik_labour

Hi, I am new to this forum ( labor certified last week). based on the statistics/trend , I wonder you could give some details on below Q (to help decide b4 filing I 140 )

PD: APR 2003/ EB2 /

1. How long it takes I 140 regular processing. Is it better to go for Premium? ( I see I 485 is not current )
2. How much time it takes for Consular processing compared to I 485 AOS ( for those "I 485 current" cases )

Appreciate your help

1 (800) 375-5283

There was an option for "If your case is pending blabla..." , you will find out once you call the number.

The guy asked me for receipt no. Told him this is the reason I am calling that I don't have receipt no. and my lawyer received it and mailed it to me but mail is lost, so don't have the receipt no.

The guy transfered me to another level of customer services and I got the nos.

Hope this helps. Sorry, if there are spelling mistakes, I am at work and trying to answer your question quickly.

portabilityof priority date

I am a physician, and I concurrently file my I-140 through NIW, I-485, and also EAD. Every thing is approval state, except that my 5 years of medical service in underserved area is going to be finished on August 31/ 2008. At the same time I have my I-140 through. Labor Certification approved with priority date of June, 2006, but the priority date of my NIW is August, 1, 2003. As per current visa bulletin the priority date has moved to April 2004 for EB-2 from India and hence now I am confused whether I should I request USCIS for the priority date condition or they are going to send me interview for I-485.

Hello, I got my labour approved and I can file 140 and 485 concurrently from this june as they just moved the 485 priority date.
My question is, is it worth/benifit to wait and file concurrently or file 140 in premium now and get it clear by june 1st week and then file 485?
If the 140 is not approved by june 1st week, can i file 485 and attach the 140 recipet and make them concurrent?
Thanks.

The USCIS letter in response to my service inquiry says as follows:

Your I-485/I-765 Processing is on HOLD:
due to I-140 “being held for a visa from the state department. Please call State Department visa Line.
(…. while the I-140 has already been approved !! )

Reference:
Name JFD
Country Pakistan
A# A 073 xxxxxx
I-140 LIN - 07- 075-xxxxx
I-485 LIN - 07- 075-xxxxx
I-485 (spouse) LIN – 07- 075-xxxxx
I-765 LIN – 07- 075-xxxxx

I submitted my immigration petition package on January 17, 2007, to Nebraska Premium Processing Center.
I-140 was approved on January 22, 2007 (PP).

I submitted a status inquiry regarding the status of my I-765, as it was out of posted processing time. I received the above response.

As suggested, I contacted the state department visa line. They essentially said they had no clue why USCIS would refer me to call them, as the I-140 is approved, and state department does not deal with visas for applicants already in the USA.

At this point, I am confused. I am concerned that my case may have been misrouted and whole case is on hold for something that may be an unintentional sorting error.

The I-140 is approved, and I am not out of country. Moreover, I did not request Consulate processing for my case either.

Please help. I would REALLY appreciate that.

can i apply i-485 while I-140 is in process

Hi,

I have applied I-140 for Substitute Labour(2005) as a future employee on May 3rd 2007..even i received receipt number...So my question is.....As I-485 is current date...can i apply for that.....??

Please kindly suggest what can i do next...
Thanks !!

Hi,

I have applied I-140 for Substitute Labour(2005) as a future employee on May 3rd 2007..even i received receipt number...So my question is.....As I-485 is current date...can i apply for that.....??

Please kindly suggest what can i do next...
Thanks !!
yes, you can. You need to attach the receipt notice of I140 when you file I485. It is kind of semi concurrent application.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have applied for I140 recently with substitution labor(2005) for EB2 on 06/04/2007 to NSC and still waiting for receipt number. Since the EB2 is now current, can i apply for I485 or do i need to wait for receipt number and apply the same? How long does it take to get the receipt number incase of NSC?

thanks,

Urgent!!! Please advise

Hello all

Background Info:
My 6th year on H1B expires on July 15, 2008. My company Y has not filed for my GC yet but is considering to file for GC in October 2007. This month, I had another company X file for I-140 using a substituted Labor as a future employee. I have recieved my I140 reciept.

Questions:
1. Can company X file for I-485 and EAD given that my I-140 is pending?
2. If the I-140 filed by the company X is rejected, then I understand I-485 and EAD applications will also be rejected. If that happens, will it cause a problem if and when my present company Y decided to file for my GC.
3. If the Company X files for I-485 and EAD, is it still ok to let my present company Y file my GC? I do not want to stop my present company from filing the GC since there is not guarantee that I-140 filed by Company X will be approved especially since Company X is using labor substitution process.

Your inputs will be of great help for me.

Thank you
-Vij