I140 Expedited Processing

joe90

Registered Users (C)
Is it worth it? I am hoping my LC will be completed shortly and was wondering if the $1000 is worth paying. what is the typical processing time and how fast is the expedited process?

Additionally, at what point in the green card process can one leave the current employer and move to a new job without requiring further petition?

State: CA
EB3
PD: 05/15/2004
ETA#: D-05195-xxxxx
45DL Revd: 07/12/2006
45DL Rpld: 07/14/2006
Online Status: InProcess

Premium Processing and Leaving Sponsoring Employer

You can leave your sponsoring employer once your I-485 (Adjustment of Status) has been pending for 180 days AND your I-140 has been approved. But you have to move to a 'similar occupation' as defined by law. Once you get the green card you can work wherever you want.

A press release describing Premium Processing can be found at www.aila.org - you're guaranteed a decision or RFE within 15 days or your $1,000 is refunded.

Based on postings on this site, the TSC's processing times for the I-140 seem to be somewhere between 3 weeks and 3 months, although officially it's 6 months.

The question I have is whether folks expect the TSC's processing times for I-140's to slow now that Premium Processing is coming online.

Thanks for the informative response.

Would you have any insight into how long the I-485 process typically runs?

Thanks wrigleyville.

I wonder how long California is?

It still amazes me that after 4+ years in the system I am still awaiting a GC; even more amazing is that there are folks who have been waiting even longer!