I140 EB2 pending since May18' 2002...

nrajesh

Registered Users (C)
My I140 was received on May17' 02 and the receipt date is May18'02.
Still get the status of "60-360 days...".

My 485/EAD/AP was applied in Sept of 02...and obviously 485 is pending.
EAD/AP was approved and have already applied for renewal couple of weeks back.

I have not seen many people in EB2 catagory with May date still waiting. Do I have some company in this regard? or am I the only one still waiting?

I called up my lawyer...and they asked to wait one more month before they call BCIS...They mentioned that the processing was slow at VSC and I should get it soon...

Any responses will probably up-my-sprits a bit...

If it is in any solace that there are people under EB3 category, but May are still waiting, then I am one of them. Have been waiting since May 30 2002. I have called BCIS couple times, I have been told that the processing time is now 14 to 15 months, and I need to wait until 14 months is completed.

FYI: Also if you have completed 14 months, one has an option to raise an inquiry with BCIS and that too upto a maximum of two times.

nrajesh,

You should get it pretty soon. Per one of the theories discussed on this forum some time back, your I-140 will be processed by your I-485 ND. Right now VSC processing dates for EB2 are 9-11-02.

It has been proved in many cases and could be true in your case too. So don't be worried about it until VSC's I-140 processing dates are past your I-485 ND.

Good Luck
-Sanga.

Rajesh, call BCIS yourself

Rajesh,
You can call BCIS yourself and give information related to your case. They will send the query to VSC..
Since your case is pending for more than 360 days, you can try calling BCIS...

Snowbell
EB2 140 RD:06/12/02
AD:penidng

I'm here!!!

I140 Receipt date: May 20 '02
Category: EB2

Didn't hear anything from VSC since then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me up. More than 400 days.

My ND for 485 is sept 23rd. I am scared that my file has been lost . What I am suppose to do now?

Gurus please help me out!

still waiting for I-140

Folks,

nrajesh, looks like you have a lot of company.

My info:

I-140
--------
RD=July, 13 2002
ND=July, 22 2002

Still waiting, though more than 360 days have elapsed!
:(

Hang on !!!!

I think the I-485 theory is correct... that is they are approving
I-140 only when your I-140 processing dates reach the ND of I-485. This was true for me... and many people in this forum....

I-140

Hi guys

I am the oldest guy waiting for I-140 approval (RD - Feb 22 2002, ND - March 02 2002).
My I-485 RD - Sep 26 2002
ND - Oct 06 2002
Does it mean that I can wait till Oct 06 2002 before calling in BCIS. My lawyer has already filed for attorney liasion and
no response so far. They have been dodging till Feb 2003..
I have applied through EB1 OR category

It is past 500 days already.

Thanks
Sekar
Boston

Mr.Sekar

Sorry to hear about the agonising wait. We all believe the 140 filed concurrently (140 and 485 separately) are processed on the order of I-485 notice date... Most of the approvals follow this pattern. But, you can still call BCIS and ask them to query the VSC. Did you apply for EAD Renewal, that might also help in taking your case.... I have applied for EAD renewal online and did the FP,Photos at Portland street office.

Long wait I-140

Hi Snowbell

Yes, it seems to be a special case for me. Somehow my case is overlooked. When I called in BCIS, they said only my attorney can call in. I have informed my attorney already. When he talked with then INS way back in March 2003 they said an officer has been already assigned. But nothing turned out. My attorney filed for Attorney Liasion in April there was no response and the answer he got was that my case was not taken to the committee that time and they assured that it will be discussed in the next meeting. After that it seems one has to wait 3-4 weeks.
This is the fourth week and probably my attorney will try again and get some info.
As per your belief that I need not press the panic button till Sep end. But it looks I have to file for my EAD renewal which might
trigger the process. My EAD expires in December 2002.

Let me see if this works out.

Thanks guys

Sekar
Boston

I-140 March 2002 EB3 labor substitution

Does that mean that I need to wait till Sept 18, 200* :(

I-140 (Labor substitution) EB3:
-------------------------------------------
RD: March 28, 2002
ND: March 29,2002
Haven't heard from INS yet.

I-485 & EAD
-------------------
RD: Aug 28, 2002
ND: Sep 18, 2002
Haven't heard from INS yet about either EAD or I-485

Why didn't they approve my EAD yet :( Any thoughts.....

Originally posted by nrajesh
My I140 was received on May17' 02 and the receipt date is May18'02.
Still get the status of "60-360 days...".

My 485/EAD/AP was applied in Sept of 02...and obviously 485 is pending.
EAD/AP was approved and have already applied for renewal couple of weeks back.

I have not seen many people in EB2 catagory with May date still waiting. Do I have some company in this regard? or am I the only one still waiting?

I called up my lawyer...and they asked to wait one more month before they call BCIS...They mentioned that the processing was slow at VSC and I should get it soon...

Any responses will probably up-my-sprits a bit...

Hi,
same here. May 31st, 2002
I found two cases close-prior to mine that have been approved.
Processing date for E12 (EB1-OR) is June 5th according to VSC.
Based on this date, I think that your dossier has been opened(?) and mine too. Does anyone have any idea -hard to quantify- on how many weeks an officer is supposed to work on an EB12 case?
May our boats meet in a calm and serene sea.
Good luck to all.
Mazigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God!!!
My I140 got approved today after 15 months and 3 days...

EB2
Receipt Date: 18th May 02
AD 21st Aug '03

485 ND: Sept 02.
EAD and AP in sept 02. Approved in Oct'02. applied for renewal in june'03 and got approvals this week.

BY THE WAY: I was the one who started this thread as my I140 was not approved for so long.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU...and thanks a bunch for keeping my sprits high.

I got my EAD's and AP's but I-140 is ?????
God knows what's happening in VSC.
People r getting 140 with in 3, 6 ,8 and 10 months..
:confused: :confused: