I140 Done, I485 Pending (I-140/485 Applied In December 2004)

LUD changed on my I485 today morning... But this is most probably due to my email enquiry yesterday. They did not bother to reply to my email though .... sigh....
Anyways, Have a good long weekend everyone...

-solaris
PS: July 4th is Independence Day... but we still aren't ... what an irony.

gc-reqd said:
They are not that smart to send the names to FBI after getting the Visa Numbers. They want to torture us as much as they can. I am also in the same boat. My case was applied on Nov 4 2004 and still the fate is unknown.

I believe (based on Murthy.com update) that the visa numbers should be current for our priority dates when the case is approved. So that clearly means, even though we applied when the dates were current and now stuck in this stupid name check, we are hosed if we don't get approved by tomorrow evening.
:p

Name check realities from the horse's mouth

I recently spoke to a person in my network of contacts who works for the FBI about the name check issue. This person told me that FBI is overwhelmed with the number of applications they have to process. They are only able to handle a few cases promptly, the remaining accumulate depending on the work load at that particular office. Also, there is no ethnic discrimination and everyone is going through the long wait for name check clearance. While they sympathize with our situation, they are well aware that it is taking almost upto a year for some people to get their name check clearance completed. As we all know there was a testimony to Congress that name checks are completed very fast (within 45 days in most cases if I remember right); however I was reminded that the testimony was old as it was made before the DHS was set up. Therefore current realities are not being reflected. It is high time that something constructive is done to hire more people within FBI to do these name checks, otherwise the frustration of applicants is here to stay.

Name Check cleared?

Hi, all:
Just have a question. My FP appointment for I485 was at early May. I just got a LUD on my I485 saying that "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made". Does this mean the Name Check from FBI is cleared?
Thanks.

I485 Tracker for already approved I140 cases

I have created a new thread to track all I485 pending cases no matter when they were filed with USCIS, and whose I140 is already approved, at the following link.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=180518

The purpose of this thread is to build all I485 pending cases data at single place instead of tracking cases filied in particular month(s), because once we reach I485 stage the case seniority is no longer matters, especially if we are stuck in FBI Name Check etc.

Quite a few of us have already posted our case information at the above thread. Those who haven't yet, please take a moment to add your cases.

track_gc said:
I have created a new thread to track all I485 pending cases no matter when they were filed with USCIS, and whose I140 is already approved, at the following link.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=180518

The purpose of this thread is to build all I485 pending cases data at single place instead of tracking cases filied in particular month(s), because once we reach I485 stage the case seniority is no longer matters, especially if we are stuck in FBI Name Check etc.

Quite a few of us have already posted our case information at the above thread. Those who haven't yet, please take a moment to add your cases.

Has any body contacted theiir senator or congressman to follow up on FBI namecheck?
Please provide some inputs on how to proceed with this.

thanks

Name check

About Name check few questions, anyone please help

When is the name check initiated, after FP, before EAD, before 140 , before 485.
When initiated enquiry abt 485 got reply saying that 485 is pending because 140 is pending (had an rfe on 140). They did not mention anything abt name check. Does this mean the name check is complete , is there anyway to find out if name check is complete or will they initiate name check only after 140 is approved.

Thanks

My Wife's case pending

Hi Guys,

I got mine approved in July and my wife got an RFE for her I485 as I applied only 485 for her and submitted the RFE response as well in August. But, now they are saying that I should wait for new visas to be available. I am under EB3. How long it would take for the new visas or next quota to be available again?

Thanks

mkicha said:
Hi Guys,

I got mine approved in July and my wife got an RFE for her I485 as I applied only 485 for her and submitted the RFE response as well in August. But, now they are saying that I should wait for new visas to be available. I am under EB3. How long it would take for the new visas or next quota to be available again?

Thanks

Hi ,

Can you pl, provide the details 140/485 RD/ND. Is your 485 approved.