I140 Done, I485 Pending (I-140/485 Applied In December 2004)

What happens in Name check

Hi all,
Can someone enlighten me what happens in the FBI Name check process? Do FBI send all the information to the country of origin to get information such as criminal records? If that is the case, it may really take a very long time.

Please contact senators and respective congress men in ur area about delays in Namecheck and 485 approvals.

expirence tells that this will immensely help to expedite approvals.

Thank you for sending this info

will_get_there1 said:
Very good info. Based on the number of people stuck in the name check, I doubt that 85% rate of approval on the automated name check is true any more. It seems now that almost 50% people are getting stuck for manual review.

Right. Considering the name check resolution in 30 days and the delays in sending and receiving information by INS to FBI, the I145 processing is probably delayed by 45 days.

inquiry results

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the results of an inquiry(485 related) initiated thru the 1-800 number.
Appreciate your reply.
-solaris

I-485 Pending since April 2004

Dear Friends,

I filed my I485/I140 concurrently. But my I140 got approved on Dec 15 2004.

My last update on my I 485 is on Dec 10 2004. I included my spouce in march 2005.

My lawyer send the 1st inquiry and got a reply saying that it is undergoing routine security checks.

Also my lawyer is telling that we can send the next inquiry only after 60 days.

Please help me if any one is the same situation and have any idea how to procede further.

Thank you very much and Good luck to everyone!
senaar

Email resonse from CSC

Got following response from CSC -
"This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results form the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes. We apologize for the delay"

Anybody has seen any progress for "140 approved 485 pending group" ?

that doesn't work by sending seperate.

we need to contact congressman only for this bullshit.

big frustation for I-485 too, for I-140 it was big, now I485 sucking like anything especially EB3, no numbers at all.............................

rb180
I485 pending

Hi to ALL,

Meet too got similar message.

What are the options we have?
1. By Senator
2. By Congressmen
3. Take an appointment and meet the immigration officer at CSC.

My question is meeting immigration officer will work out? Before going to senator or congressmen. Any thought and inputs on this.

Thanks,
-wait140485
I-485 RD is 12/10/2004
I-485 ND is 12/14/2004

will_get_there1 said:
Got following response from CSC -
"This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results form the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes. We apologize for the delay"

Anybody has seen any progress for "140 approved 485 pending group" ?

wait140485 said:
Hi to ALL,

Meet too got similar message.

What are the options we have?
1. By Senator
2. By Congressmen
3. Take an appointment and meet the immigration officer at CSC.

My question is meeting immigration officer will work out? Before going to senator or congressmen. Any thought and inputs on this.

Thanks,
-wait140485
I-485 RD is 12/10/2004
I-485 ND is 12/14/2004

My 2 cents - meeting immigration officer at CSC will not make a difference as they are saying that Name check is pending at FBI, so I guess best option will be to contact congressman's office.

Stuck in Name Check

Today I called CIS emergency line and got to know both my wife and I are stuck with Name Check, but he said that our child's name check has been cleared. No idea how long will it take to be cleared?
When does CIS send the Name Check Request to FBI?

I-485 Approvals in the mail

Hi Guys,
My wife and I received approval notices for our 485s in the mail yday, AD 06/20/2005. Interestingly there was a LUD change on our applications but the mesg did not change it was a much needed surprise to see the notices in the mail yday !

Details :
Semi-Conc
PD : Aug, 2001
I-140
-----
RD - 09/16/2003
RFE - 06/19/2004. Response Recd - 08/10/2004
AD - 03/15/2005

EAD
----
RD - 12/30/2004
AD - 03/06/2005

I-485
-----
RD - 12/30/2004
RFE - 05/03/2005, Resp Recd - 06/04/2005
AD - 06/20/2005

Hang in there everyone and good luck !!

Hi did u even call/email to find the status ? If so , diid they ever tell u that ur name check was pending?

Thanks

I called them 2 days ago and the mesg that was given was to me was the same as what I saw on-line, so I couldn't tell. I did not speak to a rep though.

impact of retrogression.

Hi all,
It looks like most of our I485 cases are struck in "name check".... Am I right in assuming that if our cases don't get cleared by FBI and adjudicated by 30th June, we are all pretty much hosed...
Or ... did anyone know if they send the cases to "name check "... after getting a visa number... I guess I am looking for a straw which I can clutch before I drown..

-Thanks
solaris

solaris_7874 said:
Hi all,
It looks like most of our I485 cases are struck in "name check".... Am I right in assuming that if our cases don't get cleared by FBI and adjudicated by 30th June, we are all pretty much hosed...
Or ... did anyone know if they send the cases to "name check "... after getting a visa number... I guess I am looking for a straw which I can clutch before I drown..

-Thanks
solaris

They are not that smart to send the names to FBI after getting the Visa Numbers. They want to torture us as much as they can. I am also in the same boat. My case was applied on Nov 4 2004 and still the fate is unknown.

I believe (based on Murthy.com update) that the visa numbers should be current for our priority dates when the case is approved. So that clearly means, even though we applied when the dates were current and now stuck in this stupid name check, we are hosed if we don't get approved by tomorrow evening.