I140 Done, I485 Pending (I-140/485 Applied In December 2004)

gcwait2002 said:
I got RFE on medical..
I have a friend who got an RFE on Medical b'cos he had not got his tetanus done!!!.
One more friend had gone to a doctor whom the INS delisted 3months into the 1-485 filing and he got an RFE on his medical as well

needAgcNOW said:
it refers to the bi-weekly report on uscis website

i think the UCIS has stopped updating the biweekly report, the online status every way in which we can get any type of information :mad:

I called the emergency number 949-389-3007 today morning and the lady answered the call was not responding properly. My 485 was applied in Nov 1 2004 and I asked her about the delay. She told me that we still have applications applied in 2003. I really don't understand what does she mean to say and why they have that number. She never gave any useful information but read what the online status says.

I don't know when we are going to come out of this slavery.

Unpleasant experience on the emergency number

I had an even worse incident when i called the 1-800 number to check the status of my wife's 485.

The lady had a typical southern accent and started screaming on the top of her voice right from the very onset of our conversation.

The shock came when I gave her my wife's WAC number, and she started to look for status on her computer.

I actually heard her mumble in her mouth --- She called me a "Fu****g Idiot" .
It was for the 1st time in 5 years that I got such a pathetic response on phone here in US.

akshkumar said:
I had an even worse incident when i called the 1-800 number to check the status of my wife's 485.

The lady had a typical southern accent and started screaming on the top of her voice right from the very onset of our conversation.

The shock came when I gave her my wife's WAC number, and she started to look for status on her computer.

I actually heard her mumble in her mouth --- She called me a "Fu****g Idiot" .
It was for the 1st time in 5 years that I got such a pathetic response on phone here in US.

Hi akshumar,

Sometimes I run into such discrimination issues. I forgive them. DMV and INS are the worst organizations in US. The postal organization used to be the same. But after the "Postal" event, government spent some money to improve it. The employees in DMV and INS almost make the minimum wage. Most of them are high school drop outs, but have a stable job. They see people like us coming from another country and making 3-4 times more money than what they make; they see us driving in a flashy beamer while they are waiting for a bus; they see us traveling to Vegas and NY city while they have never left the town they were born. It is quite obvious that they are frustrated with us. On the top of that, they are forced by the country to allow us to stay in the country forever.

Lack of skills, Frustration and extreme poverty have made them isolated, raciest and incompetent. My best advice is to forgive them and not take anything personally. There is no way you can change them.

Any Hypothesis ?

Hi All,

Just want to keep this thread alive while we wait through the "no info zone". Any hypothesis on why are we stuck (most probably name check) and any idea on expected approval (now to 1+ year ?).
I am hoping that the situation we are in is not unique as we have seen very few 485 approval compared to 140 approvals and I guess most of the people must have applied concurrently.

Any thoughts on -unreliable online update (computer glitch that they are working to fix ?)

willgetgc2005 said:
GCWAIT2002,

If you dont mind, what was the nature of the medical RFE ?

Thanks

My wife did not take vaccination as she was pregnant during that time, now USCIS has asked to complete the vaccinations.

Name check pending.......

I called service center yesterday enquiring about my 485 application.
The customer representative was very nice and he asked for my 'A' no.
He did not verify that my application RD is not beyond 30 days from JIT date.
I did not have my alien no, but gave him my WAC no.
He looked up the case and said my case is pending FBI name check :(

So now I am in the hell of name check pending......
Dont know when it will really be through.

I saw an LUD on my 485 today. This was due to the enquiry I made yesterday.

Has any one on this forum tried to check the status?

Does any one know how I can reach FBI to check what is going on with my name check ?

gc_hn

What is the message on your 485? Does it say something like your finger print review has been received, etc? thanks

kuoweiwang said:
gc_hn

What is the message on your 485? Does it say something like your finger print review has been received, etc? thanks

This is what it says.
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

How about April 20 update

gc_nh said:
This is what it says.
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I remembered that you have LUD 4/20 for I485.
I have thought that was because name check was done.
Do you know why there is that update?

I have the exactly same RD and update as yours.
Wish all people good luck.

GCcome2005 said:
I remembered that you have LUD 4/20 for I485.
I have thought that was because name check was done.
Do you know why there is that update?

I have the exactly same RD and update as yours.
Wish all people good luck.

Right. My previous LUD was 4/20 with no message update.
Interestingly I received another LUD today afternoon again with no message change.

My 4/20 LUD with no change in message is I guess a mass update. I think many DEC filers received that LUD.
Have you tried calling customer service the check your status?

gc_nh said:
Interestingly I received another LUD today afternoon again with no message change.

My 4/20 LUD with no change in message is I guess a mass update. I think many DEC filers received that LUD.

gc_nh,

What is the number you called the service senter. My 485 was filed on Nov 2 2004 and still no update except that it says the finger printing results have been received and resumed processing. This was updated in Dec 2004. After that I see nothing.

not bad

gc_nh said:

I think update is good. Maybe you will get approve notice tomorrow.
I haven't called them yet. Last update is still 4/20.
I remembered that I read some paper from my lawyer which say if other parties call service center, they will not represent me anymore. And I just
read someone post his experience about it several days ago here.

I will contact with my lawyer on Monday to see what can be done. :mad:

Self and Spouse 485 approved, child pending.

Have been visiting this forum for some time but came across this thread today. I am in a very peculiar situation here.

Per my signature below, my GC processing is almost reaching its end - in the sense that i even got a card ordered email yesterday for self and spouse. But my child is still awaiting her 485!!!

Her FP notice came over two months after ours and she had biometric process where they take a photo, etc.

So we are stuck in the twighlight zone - happy to have recd. our GC but still waiting to get the "freedom".

Hopefully things will move soon. The latest update on the USCIS site shows March 1 as the current date for 485.

All the best!

Is PD playing a role in I485 approval

I am wondering if PD has a role in I485 approvals. My PD is March 2002. Can people share their PD's in this thread so we can track this

I140 /485 ND 12/16/04
140 - AD 5/23/05
485 - ??
LUD (485) 4/12/04

Last edited by a moderator: