I140 denied

ishag

Applied I140 and I485 concurrent, My I140 was denied and appealed to administrative office, meanwhile my EAD is expiring end of Aug 05, when I applied for EAD renewal, INS denied saying my I485 is not pending (until the administrative office approve the I140). What will be my status after Aug 05, how can I work?

Hi ishag,

Sorry to learn about your 140 denial. Although, you have appealed, can you for the benefit of others, shed some more info. on your case.

Thanks. Hope things work out favorably for you.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

ishag said:
Applied I140 and I485 concurrent, My I140 was denied and appealed to administrative office, meanwhile my EAD is expiring end of Aug 05, when I applied for EAD renewal, INS denied saying my I485 is not pending (until the administrative office approve the I140). What will be my status after Aug 05, how can I work?

What if you apply for H-1 first, and then file I-140/I485/EAD under a different category when your other I-140 is waiting for decision? I don't know your background...for example, if your NIW is pending, you can file a new application for EB1 or OR.

graduation2003 said:
When you are waiting for the decision for appeal, your EAD should still be valid.

Are you sure about this? Do I have to reapply for EAD with the appeal, or does my current one stand good?

Thanks!

Sept03NIW said:
Are you sure about this? Do I have to reapply for EAD with the appeal, or does my current one stand good?

Thanks!

YES. As long as you appealed, during waiting for the decision, your EAD is still valid until they deny your appeal or your EAD expires.