I140 cleared. Following message in I485

myGCSept05

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for I485/EAD/AP/I140 in EB2 in sept'05. My priority date is Jan 2005.
EAD/AP got approved in dec 05.
I140 cleared 2 days back..... and I485 is updated with the following message.

"On September 27, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

Does any one know what the above message mean? please reply.

Thanks

myGCSept05 said:
Hi,

"On September 27, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

Thanks
Your file is tranferred to local office. You will be called for an interview for Adjustment of status.

javaxmlsoapdev

hi javaxmlsoapdev , does that mean that GC will be approved? do everyone get the same message ?

Thanks in advance

myGCSept05 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Are you from non retro country? If not what you got is the same message that I too got from USCIS. VSC has transferred my i-485 to NSC, NE for them to schedule or conduct interview. SAME STANDARD FORMAT. I do not think it means something. Please PM me if your case is touched or you find any activity on your case. I will appreciate that. See below my signature for details.

myGCSept05 said:
hi javaxmlsoapdev , does that mean that GC will be approved? do everyone get the same message ?

Thanks in advance

It doesn't automatically mean that the GC will be approved, just that for some reason they decided they need to conduct an interview at the local center. Most applications go through and get approved at the four main processing centers without an interview, but also plenty of folks who do get interviewed get approved eventually. Just make sure you keep in touch with your lawyer and have all the documents the interview appointment requests (probably a letter from your current employer, at the very least).
Sorry I don't have any experience regarding how long it takes from the LUD you got until the actual interview is scheduled, but once it is I think the officer can sometimes make a decision to approve the case on the spot.
Good luck!