I140 Approved

TheyStink

Registered Users (C)
Haven't heard from my lawyer yet but checked online and it seems my 140 got approved on 1/25. Filed concurrently in Dec. 03. No changes in 485 status.

TheyStink said:
Haven't heard from my lawyer yet but checked online and it seems my 140 got approved on 1/25. Filed concurrently in Dec. 03. No changes in 485 status.

Congratulations. First one today. Hopefully your I-485 will be approved soon. Seems like NSC is not bothered about retrogression.

Thanks guys.
Details:
EB3
140/485: Dec 17, 03
2nd EAD/AP: Aug 04

My lawyer sent all the papers to start filing for 3rd EAD/AP. Do I still need to do that (Excuse my ignorance) to travel outside the US?

Congrats, Theystink

I think you still need AP to travel since your 485 is still pending. BTW can you tell us when did you do your finger printing ?

Thanks
CSR

Don't remember the exact date but it was sometime in beginning of May '04. They sent me the date in end of May but I was going to be travelling at that time so I got it done 2-3 weeks earlier then my scheduled date (just went to the center and they did it for me).

In fact, I did my fingerprinting on April 23 (just verified the papers at home). When I was going thru the copies, I noticed that my Priority date column in both 140 and 485 is blank. What does that mean???? Any help is greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance.

Mine is blank too. I saw many folks saying this.
Priority date is the date when you filed your labor. If you did a labor substitution it is the date when you filed your 140.

TheyStink said:
In fact, I did my fingerprinting on April 23 (just verified the papers at home). When I was going thru the copies, I noticed that my Priority date column in both 140 and 485 is blank. What does that mean???? Any help is greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance.

FOA, Congrats!

Regarding the PD, don't worry it's common, they normally don't take the pain to mention on receipt notices. But you might see on your I-140 approval notice.

Yes, PD is your LC filing date, in case of substitute LC it's I-140 filing date, but here also, they are not following the rule, sometimes they consider your PD as your original LC filing date in case of substitute LC.

Long story short, sit tight and hope for the best. Good Luck for 485. ;)

Thanks a lot!!!!!!
Wanted to add one more thing as I've seen a lot of questions around this:
My status did not get changed until yesterday. It was saying "takes 150-180 days blah blah......" and then suddenly approval message. No change in between.
Same thing with 485. Nothing has changed there (not even update showing that I did my fingerprinting in April '03) but I'm hoping it will be approved soon....but then again we are talking about NSC ;-)
By the way, I see people talking about LUD. I don't see anything like the updated date anywhere. Where should I look for it???
Thanks again and Good luck everyone.

Are you affected by Priority date retrogression ?

Or was it substitution labour.
Also are you from India , Phillipines, China and your priortiy date less than Jan 2002 ?

Thank You

Nope it wasn't substitution labor.
Nope, I'm not from India, China or the Phillipines.
Thanks!

AbGCDeDo said:
Or was it substitution labour.
Also are you from India , Phillipines, China and your priortiy date less than Jan 2002 ?

Thank You

I still can't believe....at 6:30 it was still saying the same old msg and now when I checked at 9:00...it says, ur 485 was approved on Jan 27th.... :) Finally!!!!!!!!! No status changes or RFE's....just surprise changes to approval message (for both 140 and 485).
Thanks and Good luck to all of you.

Hi TheyStink,

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your freedom, you deserve it.

Good luck to rest of all.