I140 Approved

blackbird2000

Registered Users (C)
I just received I140 approval email. On 10/21/04, they issued I140 RFE for updated EVL and my 2003 W2.

No news for I485, still waiting ......

Good luck everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
blackbird,

Could you tell us why INS asked for an updated EVL?
Did you submit EVL in the original filing?
Thanks a lot.

I submitted EVL in my original filing, I think I submitted everything I could. They called it updated EVL, means they saw my old EVL already. My new EVL is exactly same as the old one, only with a new date. My salary is the same as the wage in LC. Don't know why they give me a RFE.

LUD change..

Congratulations..

Did you notice any LUD changes prior to 10.21.2004 ?

Thx..

No LUD before 10/21, LUD 10/21 RFE, LUD 10/29 RFE-ACK, LUD 11/1 but online message didn't change, LUD 11/2 Approval. My lawyer received RFE on 10/25, replied on 10/27.

my RFE?

for me the RFE was abt W2 for 2002?

When my lawyer said this - even i was a bit surprised, but the anyways i sent it out.

It would be more logical if they asked for the 2003 W2 - any thoughts?

Thanks,
krr720

If USCIS only asked 2002 W2, you will be fine, maybe they only want to verfy your or company financial status in 2002. But anyway, I will send my 2003 W2 as well.

Blackbird,

Thank you very much for your reply.
So I guess INS asked for the updated EVL simply because the original EVL was too old? May I ask when was the original EVL issued? I may face the same problem since my EVL is 4 years old (used when I filed for H1).
By the way, could you please let me know the name of your evaluation agency? Thank you so much!!!

I think EVL is Employment Verification Letter, not Education ..., am I wrong here?

I have a degree in US, so didn't use any education evaluation agency. I heard "Trustforte" is ok. Personally, I don't think USCIS care about whether an education evaluation is too old or not.

Blakbird,

Thank you very much. Yes I misunderstood you... I was referring to education evaluation. You are right...
May I ask when was your original Employment verification was issued? Was it too old that triggered the RFE? Thank you so much!

allaboutgc,

You are welcome, my old EVL was dated and signed just before my filing. I guess maybe they want to double verify my current employment. I use my original LC and didn't change job. Many folks here were appoved without any RFE. Who knows...

My I485 is approved also

I received I485 approval email at 10:00 PM. Online message is changed into approval also, it is the first LUD since FP-LUD. Feel so happy now, don't know how to say.

Thank you all here to support each other. Good luck everybody!

congrats

Hi blackbird,
I have done my FP on Aug 8 2003.Its about to expire coming Nov 8.The ins realised my FP is going to expire this week called my lawyer on Tuesday and asked for EVL and my indian experience letter.My lawyer had faxed it back yesterday Wednesday evening.

How much time does it take for them to approve my 485 after receiving my EVL fax letters.

Another 2 more days to go for my FP to expire.From your case it took them 3 days to approve your case right.i am hoping they will do the same for me too.

please give your comments.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards
gclongdream

gclongdream,

Did you submit your indian expereince letter in your original filing? Thanks and wish you best!

gclongdream,

USCIS is working on your case, approval is on the way to you, I think you can relax and just wait a few days.

Did USCIS tell your lawyer that your FP is going to expire? If you want make sure, you can send FAX to tell them your FP is expiring. But right now, would better to wait.

Yes

Actuallly I put pressure to INS by contacting congressman and senator and sending weekly faxes that my FP is about to expire .

So INS had informed my lawyer that my FP is about to expire by coming monday and instead of sending a RFE which takes lot of time they directly contacted my lawyer asking for the papers.

we have done our part of faxing the paper work .Now its the turn of the ins officer to approve it before this coming monday.

Regarding my indian experience letter while filing i mentioned i have worked from July 99 to current date with the current company.This current company had a indian office during that time.

The ins raised a query that my h1b got approved only Feb 2000 ,how i can work from July 99.They are not aware of the indian company i worked for.So i got a letter from my indian company stating that i have been employed in indian company from july 99 and got transfered to american company on mar 2000.

hope this letter works out.

thanks
gclongdream