I140 Approved but NOT, relieved but NOT!!!

goose_doodle

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My I 140 was filed on May 06th 2003 at Vermont. As the 485-day limit too passed I thought it was time to go for help to the local congressman. Before that my employer twice filed enquires with USCIS, and both the times they promised to reply in 30 days..bah! Never happens. :rolleyes:

My local congressman’s office responded saying that my I140 was indeed approved on 04/04/2004! WOW :cool: . Though I had given them only my I140 EAC number they pulled out other information too like my I485 dates, A-number etc. Everything seemed good except for the fact that the message on the web still said, “not cleared”. :confused:

I wrote to my employer, who replied rather coldly back saying that the congressman’s office is wrong. See the message still says not approved, they said. :eek:

Is there anybody out there with similar experience? What do I do next? Above all is it approved or not?

Thank you all!

Most probably your employer is lying

File using FOIA and withing 2-3 months, USCIS will send you copy of the I-140 approval notice.

Just make it sure that you send it to Vermont office direct if that is the place where you filed 140.

I used FOIA and it took me four months to get the copy of labor and 140. I got information about local office on the USCIS site and sent it to local office in San Jose, CA. It was returned saying it should go to San Francisco. I sent it there and it came back saying sent to state where it was filed. I sent it to New York regional office. This time I got a letter form them saying that the case should have gone to Vermont and they had forwarded the case to Vermont themselves. That was on June 25. I got the copies last week.

goose_doodle said:
Thank u for suggesting FOIA. Never thought about it!

Can FOIA be used to get copy of approved 140 if you are not sure whether 140 is approved or it is pending? Sometimes the website doesnt get updated and employers dont want to tell whether 140 is approved.

Goose Doodle,

Why don't you use the same Congressmen to get your approved copy. You can tell him that neither you nor your attorney have received the approval. They can get the confirmation email from congressional team. You can show him the online message stating that case is still pending.