I140 AD:2/13/02 at VSC - Case hasn\'t Reached/Created at NVC - Is this normal?

Mainer

Registered Users (C)
VSC IIO told me that they have already sent the case to NVC. But the case hasn\'t been created at NVC. Should I start worrying? Anybody in the same boat?

In the same boat - or worse

My case was approved in early February. The TSC says they sent cabled it the same day of the approval. However, NVC has not received it. Then TSC said they "might" have sent the cable/file directly to the consulate (as if that would do me any good...) but could not find proof of it. So now they don\'t know whether the cable was sent and if so where. So I have had to file a written request to ask that the file be sent to the NVC!

Same story, VSC AD 2/27/02 case not created in NVC

My I-140 was approved on 2/27/02 (AVM was updated the same day). 14 days had passed and I still hadn\'t received the approval notice. So I called VSC on 3/19/02. The IIO varified my address and said she will send a duplicate approval notice. I told her that I had requested for CP and the case hadn\'t been received at NVC (I called NVC before calling VSC) either. So she told me that the case might have been miss handled and that she will "request for a re-eval" and make sure it is sent to NVC. On 3/22/02 I (company) received the approval notice. I called NVC (again) on 3/25/02 to verify that the case had been received by them, it hadn\'t been. So I called VSC again and told them the I had received the duplicate approval notice yet the NVC had not received the case yet. I ask (told) her if it could be that that step (sending case to NVC) might have been skipped again. She said that the other IIO (whom I talked to on 3/19/02) was handling the case and I need to worry about it as it will be sent to NVC this time around. I have decided to call NVC again in another week or so to check if they have received the case yet. If they haven\'t I guess I will be doing this cycle till NVC receives my case! Good Luck to (me)guys who are in my boat! Sri

i\'m in the same boat my case is from NSC

Hi friends,

i\'m in the same boat, my i-140 got approved on 02/13/02 (NSC) , to this day my case has not reached NVC. getting screwed royally. when talked to IIO , they said they missed sending my case info to NVC & she is going request to resend the info (this conversation happened on 3/19/02).

my stats

Guys dont worry, callup the NVC and ask them to put atreca inb your case.
My i-1140 was approved 12/3/2001
Recieved and Case Created 1/15/2002

NVC can\'t do any thing until after 90 days have past

I have called NVC several times and also had my lawyers call them. I have been told that NVC can\'t do any thing until after 90 days have past after I-140 approval.

No Title

Don\'t depend on that 90 days.....Even after that they don\'t do anything ....Now-a-days many cases which happened to me...my I-824 was approved on August 28th 2001.NVC has asked me to wait for 90 daysI think after 75 days, they issued a letter to my attorney that they have not received my case....VSC told me to apply for duplicate I-140 and I applied the same On Nov.27th, 2001..my duplicate I-140 RD : 11/28/2001 and till date( March 30 th) my case hasn\'t reached NVC...finally got frustrated and applied 485 based on original approval On March 26th....

This mail might be scary and pessimist but this is my personal experience....unfortunately I am from Chennai and they refused to accept my AC-140 case...

thanks,
raju

Hi scoomara ,I am also in the same boat,I tried like any thing to contact Operator in VSC-INS,I didn

HI scoomara ,
I am trying to speak with operator In VSC-INS,Always it\'s saying lines are bussy.Could you please give me a number and procedure,how can i get hold of a Operator.My I-824 was approved on Jan-12-2002.
Case is not yet recieved in NVC.I am worrying like anything.
Thanks
Lakshman

Keep hitting the Redial button!...............

Hi Lakshman, The VSC number is always busy. Each time I call them it takes me about 1/2 hour or hitting the redial button before I get the line. After getting the line over 1/2 hour of wait befor an IIO come to the line. Some times you get a good (better than the avarage) IIO and is willing to talk to you eventhough you aren\'t the applicant and only the benificiary. Some times after spending 1 hour and about 1/2 hour of long distance charges they simply say "due to the privacy act (Bull S__t!)" they can\'t give out any info to you (not pulling an April fool\'s joke with you, its true!). Anyhow the two weeks that the IIO promised me before the case reaches NVC is up this Tuesday (4/2/02). I will be calling NVC and if the case hasn\'t reached them I\'ll be calling VSC hoping to get a good operator. If I don\'t get a good IIO I plan to ask my company HR to give a call to VSC (even more challenging than getting a good IIO). Anyways I\'ll be posting the outcome once I get an answer. Sri

I-140 approved can I file I485 right now (without a letter from NVC)

My I-140 (EB1) was approved on 3/19/02. In the Approval Notice it says the approved petition was forwarded to NVC and the NVC will write to me about further steps. I indicate in my I-140 I\'ll apply for Adjustment of Status here in the USA. 1) Why the case will have to go thourgh NVC (all Employment-based visa numbers are current)? 2)Can I apply for I-485 without a letter from NVC? Thanks!

No Title

The INS mistakenly approved your case for CP.. Your approval notice should have said that you should now file a 485.

No harm done.. You can just go ahead and file your 485 like nothing happened. The INS will take care of pulling your file info back from the NVC if necessary. You dont have to deal with the NVC at all.

I wouldn\'t be so sure about that!

I would make sure to inform NVC about the intent to apply for 485 instead of CP. I have read stories about people going for I-485 interview after finger prints and found out that their files were still stuck at a regional consulate since they had been sent there when the P3 was generated at NVC. They had to wait for another 9 months or so to get their 485 approved. Just want to caution!

Just talked to NVC and VSC.........

I called NVC to check if my case was received by them, it hadn\'t. So I called VSC. The IIO said (after the privacy act crap!) that my case is in line to be sent to NVC and is not sent yet. She said it will take another 2 week before they send it and another 4 week for NVC to put it in their system. So I guess I have to wait for another 6 weeks before anything happens to my case! Just thought I\'d share this info with you guys. Tks. Sri.

In the same boat...

My 824 petition was approved on 03/05/02. NVC AVM still says we cannot find your case information. Anyone has an idea how 824 cases are handled? Do I have to forward my approved petition to NVC or does NSC send it to NVC automatically.
I spoke to the operator at NVC and she told me that it may take upto 90days...
Any help...

You should use your I-140 case number (not I-824 receipt number).

Talk to a NVC rep. AVM is of no use! Usually it takes about 6-8 weeks for NVC to receive your case from the service center (at least from CSC). It\'s a very long process to get an interview(I-485 seems to be better choice). One must have lots of patience and take it easy.

-XML

Thanks for u\'r reply,Please update your status once u get the response

Hi,
Thanks for u\'r reply,I will try it again as u said.Please update u\'r status also.
Thanks
Lakshman

INS needs to get the file back from NVC when CP to AOS

I have learned a couple of things about the CP to AOS process. If your file was sent to NVC for CP, IT NEEDS TO BE RETURNED TO THE INS for AOS processing. The good news is that this is usually easier and faster than the other way around:

When AOS is requested and you thereafter request CP via I824 it is possible (if not likely) that your file will have been previously sent to the National Record Service (kind of a INS wharehouse). Depending on which service center you may be at, and of course on luck..., this can be very quick (1-3 days... NSC) or painfully slow (6-8 weeks... TSC). Thereafter the adjudication officer or supervisor need to send the I824 and I140 to the NVC. And then you\'ll have to undergo the "new" process at NVC which varies depending on which consulate you\'ll be processing at.

Hope this helps, good luck.