I140/485 denied - EB2 - combination of degree

lc2003

Registered Users (C)
Last week, my attorney received the denial notice for my 3 + 1 1/2 years degree. I had sent "trustforte" education evaluation, but CIS didn't accept the combination of degree.

I would really appreciate your input to file MTR. Please recommend any professor in college who is doing education evaluation or any other input to show NSC that combination of degree is equivalent to US 4 year degree.

How do I change EB2 to EB3 category?

Last edited by a moderator:
lc2003 said:
Last week, my attorney received the denial notice for my 3 + 1 1/2 years degree. I had sent "trustforte" education evaluation, but CIS didn't accept the combination of degree.

I would really appreciate your input to file MTR. Please recommend any professor in college who is doing education evaluation or any other input to show NSC that combination of degree is equivalent to US 4 year degree.

What was given in the labor ETA-750 block 15??

lc2003 - hope you get your issue resolved soon..

what is the status of your online message - did it change after the decision?

thanks

>What was given in the labor ETA-750 block 15?? -
I will check it out and let you know.

>what is the status of your online message - did it change after the decision?

No. Same message.

> Did you get RFE before Denial

No. I asked the same question to my attorney. He mentioned, recently NSC started sending denial directly instead of RFE. I remember, NSC implemented this policy during July 04.

u must have a lot going on now to solve this issue -- so sorry to bother - but would greatly appreciate if u confirm the below quesion.

so does the message on your I-140 still say

"Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on September xx, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing...etc,etc"

--- even after the denial?

thanks

USCIS doesn't change any online message after final decision even the denial.

MJ23 said:
u must have a lot going on now to solve this issue -- so sorry to bother - but would greatly appreciate if u confirm the below quesion.

so does the message on your I-140 still say

"Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on September xx, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing...etc,etc"

--- even after the denial?

thanks

thanks for the response lc2003

freewill -- from what i have heard from previous approved people -- if approval comes through - the status of the online message changes to "This case has been approved. On MM/DD, we mailed you..etc,etc"

My I140 was denied because it was filed EB2 with EB3 LC (bach. deg). And also my attorney ignored the option to switch to EB3 at RFE.

However, USCIS approved the MTR asking the reopen/reconsider with EB3 again.

Please don't give up now, try everything you can within 30 days.
Good Luck !

lc2003 said:

Yes, sometimes they do in case of my I140 approval.
However, sometimes they don't in my H1B renewal.

MJ23 said:
thanks for the response lc2003

freewill -- from what i have heard from previous approved people -- if approval comes through - the status of the online message changes to "This case has been approved. On MM/DD, we mailed you..etc,etc"

lc2003,
Sorry to know about the denial.Unitednations(a respected forum member) have posted many posts regarding the educational issues and appeal.Please check out his postings in various threads.I hope you will be benifitted by those informations.

free_will,

Thank you. What do you mean by the following:

"USCIS approved the MTR asking the reopen/reconsider with EB3 again."

I do see, USCIS mentioned to appeal within 30 days. Does it mean that my Attorney has to make it EB3 during the appeal process ?

I asked my Attorney about this, but he said that there is no way to change the category.

rspan,

Thank you for your information. I do notice "unitednations" postings, and really more informative. Also I have sent a private message to him.

My denial reason was the conflict between the EB2 eligibility and LC that required a bach deg and 1yr exp. So it is not the same exactly as your case.

However, if your edicational issue is OK with EB3, then try to switch to EB3 when you file MTR.

I strongly recommend that you should check with Unitednations, he had overcome the same edicational denial with MTR, and above all he is very dedicated person to help our immigrant fellows.

God blessing !

lc2003 said:
free_will,

Thank you. What do you mean by the following:

"USCIS approved the MTR asking the reopen/reconsider with EB3 again."

I do see, USCIS mentioned to appeal within 30 days. Does it mean that my Attorney has to make it EB3 during the appeal process ?

I asked my Attorney about this, but he said that there is no way to change the category.

Unitednations and All,

Thank you for your valuable information and time. As you have mentioned, I need to go through the evaluation again. CIS acknowledged my box 15 on LC for the equivalency, but they defend that the evaluation is insufficient to prove the equivalency.I used the evaluation report from "Trustforte"( approximately 5 years back report).

Any one got any professor contact information ? Please pass to me, I would like to evaluate again.

Thank you again.

Fault Attorney!!!!

Man --- we pay these lawyers so much and then they screw your LC up.

The problem is to start all over again..

I think the future filers should be more vigilant of the facts and do not trust the attonery all that much

lc2003,

The reason they did not accept your evaluation is it because that it is too old? Did they state the reason why the evaluation is not accepted? Thank you!

Evaluation didn't mention foreign equivalent to US Bachelor degree. My attorney is currently re-evaluating with correct wordings.