I130 Petition California - Why Proof Req Again?

halfacrown

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been in the same position as me and if so could they advise the outcome.

My I130 petition was transfered to the California Service Center in July 2005 and my receipt date is Nov 2000 with California current date Jan 2005. I recently received a letter (which I now can't find) stating that I was to send my proof again i.e. marriage license etc, however, only if I believe it wasn't sent originally (or words to that effect).

My problem is that I know that I sent it with the original petition, but wonder if they've now lost it due to the transfer from Texas to California. I've telephoned to find out only to be dealt with with someone who decided to be as unhelpful as possible, so is anyone able to advise if this request is sent out automatically.

I know that some may feel that I should just send again irrespective of whether I sent originally, but now that I can't find the letter I'm not sure if this info has to be sent to somewhere different than the processing center.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks & Good Luck

halfacrown said:
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been in the same position as me and if so could they advise the outcome.

My I130 petition was transfered to the California Service Center in July 2005 and my receipt date is Nov 2000 with California current date Jan 2005. I recently received a letter (which I now can't find) stating that I was to send my proof again i.e. marriage license etc, however, only if I believe it wasn't sent originally (or words to that effect).

My problem is that I know that I sent it with the original petition, but wonder if they've now lost it due to the transfer from Texas to California. I've telephoned to find out only to be dealt with with someone who decided to be as unhelpful as possible, so is anyone able to advise if this request is sent out automatically.

I know that some may feel that I should just send again irrespective of whether I sent originally, but now that I can't find the letter I'm not sure if this info has to be sent to somewhere different than the processing center.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks & Good Luck

You got an RFE because USCIS feels you havent submitted your marriage license with your application. They may have lost it between transfers. I dont think you should worry why they cant find your documents when you originally sent it to them, rather you should worry about sending them what they ask because your case would be put on hold till you send the required documents. RFE usually comes with a date by which you should respond and if you fail to respond to the RFE, your application would be considered abandoned and your case would be closed.

Since you cant find your RFE letter, you should get an appointment with your DO and talk to an immigration officer. Take all documents when you go. Customer support would not be of much help to you.

Thanks for your response.

Your experience maybe different, however, trying to set up an appointment to our local DO (Tampa) online via infopass results in the reply that no appointments to see an officer are available :mad:

We've decided to send all documents originally sent, together with copies of our I797, the letter from the service center that the case had been transfered to California, a printed copy of the online status from the UCIS site stating that more info is required and a covering letter, all sent by recorded mail. Hopefully this will cover all bases because as you stated, after waiting five years, the last thing we want to happen is for them to be able to say that we've abandoned the case

All the best

Hi same thing has happend to me and the have sent a ref letter asking for more evidence from CSC. where my case was transfered on june 05 .i did sent all the papers they wanted and received a notice after they have received it .

Happened with me too. My service center is 'VSC'. In my response to that RFE, I just sent a 1-page letter stating that i had submitted all my documents along with the original application and that if there's anything specific that's missing from my application, i can provide them the same

I haven't heard back from them yet. When i check my status on the 800 number, it does say that RFE response was received and it's taking ... days to process such an application. I didn't received any letter from VSC stating they received my RFE response . Do they send such a letter?

bps01 said:
Do you require marriage license or marriage certificate to submit you AOS ?

Yes, for the I-130
and I-485 (if you entered US using K-1)

Last edited by a moderator: