I130 for parents with Nebraska - any news?

chenya

Registered Users (C)
I am an american citizen, I filed I130 for my parents in Janary 2003. They are currently in China. It was filed with Nebraska service center.

The date on Receipt Notce:
Received Date: Jan. 21, 2003
Notice Date: Jan. 21, 2003

I have not heard anything since. The waiting is so painful!

The Nebraska precessing time has been freezed at June 3rd, 2002. Has anybody have any information to share about I130 status with Nebraska center? Is there any way that my parents can come here visiting us while waiting for the I130? They have applied B2 visa twice (once in Jan. 2003 and second time in August, 2003), but got refused!

Thanks!

If my parents are able to come to US on B2 or some other temp visa, can I still file I485 for them so it will be similar to concurrent filing. This way, they could stay here and wait. What about the receipt date, would it stay as original date Jan. 21, 2003?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

If it makes you feel any better go look at TSC processing times. My date is 9/5/2001 . So, how do you think the wait makes me feel?

BTW, once you file for immigration, your parents or mine for that matter cannot apply for any temporary visa to visit. They will get denied every time they apply coz they are being processed for immigration.

dvpatel,

Thanks for the info. Believe me, I could definitely feel your pain too!

Do you know once they get I130 approval, do they still have to wait until I485 approval before they can come here? How long would that be? Hopely not another couple of years!

From the other post, somebody mentioned that consular processing only takes about 9 to 12 month. And he also mentioned that someone got I130 approval this June with I130 filing on last August. If that is the case, the NVC processing time on the website is really incorrect then.

-Angela

Angela,

The 485 process is if your parents are here and you file their I130, since they are here already, they need to get their status adjusted. So, you have to file I485.

Since you have filed for your parents who are in your home country, no filing the I485 and there fore no wait for its approval.

Once the I130 is approved at the service center, all they have to do is go to the Embassy with valid sponsor papers and get their medical done and once the embassador stamps their passport with a immigrant visa, hop on a plane and that's it.

Originally posted by chenya
dvpatel,

Thanks for the info. Believe me, I could definitely feel your pain too!

Do you know once they get I130 approval, do they still have to wait until I485 approval before they can come here? How long would that be? Hopely not another couple of years!

-Angela

dvpatel,

Thanks. I understand more about the process now. Just a sidenote, I had my parents trying for B2 visa this January before I filed I130 for them. They didn't get the visa so I immediately filed I130.

I have heard that once you are american citizen, it is very hard to get your parents to visit you because they could potentially stay to do the adjustment of status.

So If I had choice in this matter, I was going to have my parents coming to visit me then apply I130/I485.

-A