I130, could the person go to US?

sj2000

Registered Users (C)
We recently applied the I130 for my parents in law, they both live out of US, could they visit us, while their application still in process? thanks.

We recently applied the I130 for my parents in law, they both live out of US, could they visit us, while their application still in process? thanks.

There's no simple answer to that question.
Technically your parents can still visit the US, but its possible they could be turned back at the PoE for having shown immigrant intent.

On paper, yes they may visit the US.
In practice, it depends on whether they can get US visit visas (assuming they are not from VWP countries) and then whether they are granted entrace at the POE. My two younger brothers had I-130s through my USC sister since 1992. They entered the US 40-50 times after that I-130 submission using Pakistani, British and Canadian passports without a problem ever. In 2004 they got paperwork from NVC to proceed with their immigrant visas. Both informed NVC that they are no longer interested in moving to the US. They have visited the US a dozen times after 2004 and to date have had no issues with their now defunct I-130.