I Would Like Assistance , Please!!!b1/b2

desperatewife

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE:
:confused: I am a USC,in August 2003 I met a guy through my uncle in my homeland. We feel madly in love and after two years of LDR (long distance relationship) and traveling back and forth, on both our parts. I proposed, he accepted and we got married in the city clerk office four months after our two years dating anniversary. My ???s are:

1. Once he returns in September 2006 can I file the I130 along with the change of status? He will have a valid 1-94, he is a B1/B2 holder.

2. Should I just use my visit in April to file for him as my spouse and wait and we both travel back to the US together.

I would really appreciate any feedback pertaing to this.
Thank you in advance,
desperatewife.

desperatewife said:
GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE:
:confused: I am a USC,in August 2003 I met a guy through my uncle in my homeland. We feel madly in love and after two years of LDR (long distance relationship) and traveling back and forth, on both our parts. I proposed, he accepted and we got married in the city clerk office four months after our two years dating anniversary. My ???s are:

1. Once he returns in September 2006 can I file the I130 along with the change of status? He will have a valid 1-94, he is a B1/B2 holder.
You can do it all concurrently I-130 along with the I-485 (inlcuded other forms). Just be aware that if he get the question of who are going to visit is not recommendable that he lie and say "a friend" when is his "wife". So check with him how and what he is going to say.

2. Should I just use my visit in April to file for him as my spouse and wait and we both travel back to the US together.
I don't understand this part of "my visit", are you outside the US? You must have a residency in the US to apply for him and should be within the US to apply for him, you need to gather several documents (marriage certificate and others). The petition that you file is the I-130 and then you will need to be in the US since you are going to receive some information at the same time as his while he is undergo Consular Processing. I-485 or Adjustment of Status (change of status) is within the US.

Good luck,
I am not a lawyer.
For more info you can check at www.uscis.gov

I am going to visit him in Jamaica in the summer for a few weeks. I am a USC my residence is here inthe states. I will wait until I return from the trip and he is here in September to file the I-130 and all other forms while he files for adjustment of status. :)
This process is confusing, I have been thinking I am going to have to get a lawyer, I just do not want this to look too funny; this was all done in good faith.
Thanks for your reply.

B1/B2 and AOS

Hi,

im in a similar situation .my husband a (usc) is about to file AOS for me ,and im on a B1/B2 visa .plz can you advise me .

have you filed 130/485 for your husband?
or are you still planning to do so .

i'll be thankful to you if you can give me some idea about how your case is proceeding.

thabks in advance
kab