• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I wish the USCIS would cancel the lottery

The arguement of Susan really shows the selfishness in we humans, the dv should be cancelled to allow his son come over, if i could interpret it. U are already there, u are angry becos ur son cannot come over on time, imagine millions of people all over the world who are dreaming of just having somebody there! US is a country of immigrants right from the onset, the native americans are very negligible. I think we should always be grateful for the opportunity to be there, and not keep complaining that all our households are not there yet becos of dv or any other thing. Be grateful for what u've got meanwhile.

Let's keep praying the new immigration bill favours dv the more. Bravo!

ssg10

I think it is better to read about the DV programme and why it was introduced. Am sure if you made a count there is one person from Africa to more than 10 people from Asia. That is why Africa benefits more from the DV programme.

susan ward said:
Hi

I hope I do not offend too many people but I wish the USCIS would cancel the DV lottery

I believe some 50,000 visa's are issued each year, if the lottery was cancelled then these spare visa's could be made available to people who are separated from their loved ones

Family reunification, backlogs etc., should be top priority

Regards Sue

www.expatsvoice.org

Sue,
Do you really think that 50K visas a year can help to reduce 1M+ backlog?
Are you serious? I guess you didn't do even simple math before writing the letter.

Sue, this is just selfish. You personally got your piece of pie and now you want to steal someone's else piece for your son. I understand your feelings but I don't accept your point.
BTW, why don't you want to abolish employment based immigration also? It will give 140K+ more visas, so your son will have a better chance to join you.
Well, what about cancelling the immigration programm itself but with one exception for your son? This is the fastest way for you and for him, I guess.
What do you think?

susan ward said:
Hi

I repect your views but maybe you would feel differently if your child was separated from the rest of your family.

There are people from all countries already living in the USA so cannot see the need to diversifiy any more. Apart from native red idians all the rest are immigrants or decendants of immigrants

It would not be a bad idea to suspend or cancel the lottery for at least a couple of years, then maybe re-instate.

The immigration staff's time could then be better spent on working on cases that were back logged for whatever reason and concentrate on family reunfication

Regards Sue

www.expatsvoice.org

Last edited by a moderator: