I wish I had a Good news!!

amishah

Registered Users (C)
About my case (my husband's):
DO- Memphis
Nationality- Indian

My husband had broke the law once unknowingly. Here is the info on that. http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149238

We had our interview yesterday. It was scheduled at 8.40. We reached there at 8.10 and waited in waiting area for about an hour. When we reached there there were hardly 10-15 people waiting there. I thought we will be done very quikly. But we did not got called for another an hour. People came after us got their name called. It was making us very nervous. We were looking at the officers coming out of the door to call the names. 2 of them looked very rigid and rude. We were praying for not getting them as our interviewer. We saw a chinese couple going in with an office and came out after 30 mins.
Finally we got our name called. It was that rude officer who handled those chinese people before us. We followed him to his office. He never made us swear. He asked us for our ids. Then he asked for our birth cert. He couldn't find mine so he asked if I have a copy of it. I gave it to him.
Then he asked when and how we met.
Did I gave them my GC when I took oath? - Yes
Do we rent our house or owned it? - Owened, gave him house papers.
Do we have a joint account? Have we made copies for him? - Yes and gave it to them.
Then he looked in to his computer and wrote that FBI Check Pending. I couldn't read it but my husband did.
Then he asked about my husband's crime. My husband explain him the story and gave him the papers that we got it from court. We did attached an explaination letter with my application which he couldn't find it so we gave him a copy of it.
Finaly he closed the file, I was nervous since he didn't took away the EAD and AP. Then he said that my husband's FBI name check is pending and also he has to investigate in the crime. He will send us a letter. I asked him how long it will take and he said he don't know.
I was about to cry because I know the Pending FBI check is the worst thing that can happen. I never looked in to thread of FBI check. You don't think it will happen to you until it happens. Yesterday I read about 8 pages on cases that are stuck under FBI check. My head started spinning. I didn't read a single success story. Minimum period of time is 2-3 years. I have lot to research in this area now. But before that we will have to renew his EAD. I am really sad since yesterday but I will make sure that this thing don't hold my life and will let it be just a part of life.
Thanks for all help that I got from here.
Good Luck to everyone.

Sorry for the thing of FBI name check, he wrote it? I thought it suppose that it came from FBI like that not that "they" put it down...
Good luck, hanging there...

Dear Amishah!
I am very sorry to read what happed to you yesterday. :(
Don’t know how to help, but I’ll pray for you and your husband.
Jane.

amishah said:
About my case (my husband's):
DO- Memphis
Nationality- Indian

My husband had broke the law once unknowingly. Here is the info on that. http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149238

We had our interview yesterday. It was scheduled at 8.40. We reached there at 8.10 and waited in waiting area for about an hour. When we reached there there were hardly 10-15 people waiting there. I thought we will be done very quikly. But we did not got called for another an hour. People came after us got their name called. It was making us very nervous. We were looking at the officers coming out of the door to call the names. 2 of them looked very rigid and rude. We were praying for not getting them as our interviewer. We saw a chinese couple going in with an office and came out after 30 mins.
Finally we got our name called. It was that rude officer who handled those chinese people before us. We followed him to his office. He never made us swear. He asked us for our ids. Then he asked for our birth cert. He couldn't find mine so he asked if I have a copy of it. I gave it to him.
Then he asked when and how we met.
Did I gave them my GC when I took oath? - Yes
Do we rent our house or owned it? - Owened, gave him house papers.
Do we have a joint account? Have we made copies for him? - Yes and gave it to them.
Then he looked in to his computer and wrote that FBI Check Pending. I couldn't read it but my husband did.
Then he asked about my husband's crime. My husband explain him the story and gave him the papers that we got it from court. We did attached an explaination letter with my application which he couldn't find it so we gave him a copy of it.
Finaly he closed the file, I was nervous since he didn't took away the EAD and AP. Then he said that my husband's FBI name check is pending and also he has to investigate in the crime. He will send us a letter. I asked him how long it will take and he said he don't know.
I was about to cry because I know the Pending FBI check is the worst thing that can happen. I never looked in to thread of FBI check. You don't think it will happen to you until it happens. Yesterday I read about 8 pages on cases that are stuck under FBI check. My head started spinning. I didn't read a single success story. Minimum period of time is 2-3 years. I have lot to research in this area now. But before that we will have to renew his EAD. I am really sad since yesterday but I will make sure that this thing don't hold my life and will let it be just a part of life.
Thanks for all help that I got from here.
Good Luck to everyone.

amishah,

Thank you for letting us know your interview experience. Don't worry too much. Pending FBI name check is very common, many people have their name check pendings. As for investigating in your husband's crime, they should know it's just lacking of knowledge not a serious problem. You help many people in the forum answering questions, you are very knowledge, and I read many of your postings, I am sure the God will help you and your husband, and just be patient ...

I'm sorry!!

Look at the bright side, there's nothing other than Name Check clearance.

Good Luck!!

Could you file 120days writ like PublicUS did for his citizenship?

Hi sorry to hear that u r stuck in the name check game but hopefully it will be resolved soon, i have a ? since u husband was never arrested did he had to go to court for that and what did the court record said was he fingerprinted by the police.

cherr1980 said:
Sorry for the thing of FBI name check, he wrote it? I thought it suppose that it came from FBI like that not that "they" put it down...
Good luck, hanging there...
He looked in the system and put it down on application.

needurhelp said:
I'm sorry!!

Look at the bright side, there's nothing other than Name Check clearance.

Good Luck!!

Could you file 120days writ like PublicUS did for his citizenship?
I know the whole case of Piblicus. He is a brave man. But unfortunately we are not. We are really not good at all this. But we will have to give it a fight if we have to. I would like to go throughsanator path before I choose that path.
Thanks for suggetion.

sjiwani said:
Hi sorry to hear that u r stuck in the name check game but hopefully it will be resolved soon, i have a ? since u husband was never arrested did he had to go to court for that and what did the court record said was he fingerprinted by the police.
The police gave him 2 options. (1) Take a ticket and appear in the court
or (2) Go to jail.
Ofcourse my husband choose 1st option and appeared in the court. The judge asked him to pay fine about $175 and let him go. Judge also said that it will remain in the system for 5 years which is already over.
No he was not fingerprinted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amishah,

I am so sorry to hear about what happened and hope that things will get resolved soon. Just stay strong and hang in there... you have wishes from me and a lot of people who you have helped on this forum and elsewhere. I'll remember to include you in my prayers.

Good luck.

Thank you all for your Good wishes and prayers for me. I am not that strong right now but I think time will teach me to be strong and positive.

Amishah,
you are not the only one suffering. At least you have the advantage that your hubby is with you. See others... I know a guy who didn't meet his wife since about 7 years because of pending petitions.
These days in America are tough from the immigration point of view. But even then its a lot better country then the rest of the world. You will get what you want but may be a little late. So there is nothing to worry. America is a country where law prevails.
Here is what you can do:
1) Call FBI and find out the status. They can tell you over the phone. Ask them how long will it take.
2) If this doesnt work then email them.
3) Find out the senator/congressmen of your area on the net. They have their own website. You need to go to the contact page and send them your complete information in a very good understandable form. They will contact you in a week or two. If possible go and meet them and find out what they can do for you.
4) See the forums on the name check.

If husband and wife are living together there is nothing they can do. They have to give him the GC sooner... no matter what happened in the past.
So start smiling again and see the world with the optimistic approach.

Take care.

amishah said:
The police gave him 2 options. (1) Take a ticket and appear in the court
or (2) Go to jail.
Ofcourse my husband choose 1st option and appeared in the court. The judge asked him to pay fine about $175 and let him go. Judge also said that it will remain in the system for 5 years which is already over.
No he was not fingerprinted.
i know u r going through a rough time right now but stay strong i've heard of cases where they were stuck in name check and got cleared in couple of months so dont give up hope but do try to get ur congressman/women or senator involved in this i think they can help we will be praying for u, see friend of mine is in the same situation and he was really worried he went to the court and got no record and in his 485 he marked he was arrested so he is trying to make sense of it all, so if u would plz answer one more ? for me what did the court record said did it say no record or did they give u a disposition which explains the crime in detail, thanks and god bless u.

I have lot to research in this area now. But before that we will have to renew his EAD. I am really sad since yesterday but I will make sure that this thing don't hold my life and will let it be just a part of life.
Hey, welcome to the club, amishah! ;)
I am truly sorry to hear about your husband's name check problem. Hopefully, it will be over for him soon.
Don't worry too much. And, definitely don't let it to affect your lives as much as you can.
In case you don't know, renewing the EAD on-line is very convenient, and, I'm sure, is faster.
Good luck!

kamrans said:
Amishah,
you are not the only one suffering. At least you have the advantage that your hubby is with you. See others... I know a guy who didn't meet his wife since about 7 years because of pending petitions.
These days in America are tough from the immigration point of view. But even then its a lot better country then the rest of the world. You will get what you want but may be a little late. So there is nothing to worry. America is a country where law prevails.
Here is what you can do:
1) Call FBI and find out the status. They can tell you over the phone. Ask them how long will it take.
2) If this doesnt work then email them.
3) Find out the senator/congressmen of your area on the net. They have their own website. You need to go to the contact page and send them your complete information in a very good understandable form. They will contact you in a week or two. If possible go and meet them and find out what they can do for you.
4) See the forums on the name check.

If husband and wife are living together there is nothing they can do. They have to give him the GC sooner... no matter what happened in the past.
So start smiling again and see the world with the optimistic approach.

Take care.
I will follow the steps as soon as possible. I am in much better condition. We are together. We just visited to our home county so we are not worried about visiting them for atleast 3 years. My husband don't have anybody whom he would like to petition for so he is not in hurry to become a citizen. And as long as they keep renewing his EAD, he is good to work too.
I know America is a great country but it is difficult to understand why it takes so long for them to do Name Check? How can we trust them for our protection? Anyway Thanks for your encouraging word.
Some how this all doesn't affect my husband's sleep. He was asleep and snoring at 10 p.m. yesterday night and I was up till 12.30 a.m. :rolleyes:

Anahit said:
I am truly sorry to hear about your husband's name check problem. Hopefully, it will be over for him soon.
Don't worry too much. And, definitely don't let it to affect your lives as much as you can.
In case you don't know, renewing the EAD on-line is very convenient, and, I'm sure, is faster.
Good luck!

Anahit said:
Good luck!
Thanks Anhit!
It sound scary at first to do efiling. Especially when you know how good there On line Status Check works :rolleyes: ;)
But I looked at the interface and its not that complicated.
Now what do I write as 'Manner of Last Entry' since my husband has traveled on AP. Is it 'Pending Adjustment of Status (c)(9)'?

amishah said:
Thanks Anahit!
It sound scary at first to do efiling. Especially when you know how good there On line Status Check works :rolleyes: ;)
But I looked at the interface and its not that complicated.
No, it is not complicated at all. My parents have been waiting for their green cards for over 6 months. I didn't file I-765 in the beginning because I thought they would get their GCs in 7-8 months, and that would have been fine. But, things don't happen the way we think they would. Now my mom wants to work, so I filed I-765 for her on-line 2 days ago. Then, scheduled an appointment with ASC for this Saturday. My understanding is that the whole process takes about 1 month.
Now what do I write as 'Manner of Last Entry' since my husband has traveled on AP. Is it 'Pending Adjustment of Status (c)(9)'?
That sounds right.
I am not yet clear on one thing - supporting documents - what to send?
For initial EAD for pending I-485 applicants - (c)(9) it is required to send:
1. 2 photographs - they will take her FP and digital photo at ASC.
2. a copy of white card - both sides (if any)
3. a proof of pending I-485
I think for renewal you should also send them a copy of his EAD.
What I don't know is if showing the white card and the proof of pending I-485 to the officer at ASC would be enough or they still need to be sent.

amishah said:
I will follow the steps as soon as possible. I am in much better condition. We are together. We just visited to our home county so we are not worried about visiting them for atleast 3 years. My husband don't have anybody whom he would like to petition for so he is not in hurry to become a citizen. And as long as they keep renewing his EAD, he is good to work too.
I know America is a great country but it is difficult to understand why it takes so long for them to do Name Check? How can we trust them for our protection? Anyway Thanks for your encouraging word.
Some how this all doesn't affect my husband's sleep. He was asleep and snoring at 10 p.m. yesterday night and I was up till 12.30 a.m. :rolleyes:

I have a friend who went through the same situation. He gave me below number that he called for name check inquiry it is an automated machine which will guide you through the process. I am not sure if the number is still valid or active I did not call. no harm in calling !! try it !!
202-324-2399.

vroom said:
I have a friend who went through the same situation. He gave me below number that he called for name check inquiry it is an automated machine which will guide you through the process. I am not sure if the number is still valid or active I did not call. no harm in calling !! try it !!
202-324-2399.
That's the number for public inquiry line, which gives you the following e-mail address: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov, to send your inquiries to. My understanding is that they stopped answering those e-mails for a while now.
The only way to find out the status of your name check is getting an infopass appointment or thru a congress person (who by the way can't do anything else to help).