i went to COP

faten

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,
i have RTD, and i went to COP.when i came back to the usa, the officer said that i make a wrong by going to COP, and this is gana effect my case:eek:.

my question,

1- did he mean would affect my green card or my citizin???

now i am waiting for my green card.

thank you
regards

i understand that everyone has a unique situation and it varies greatly. I for one will never be able to go to my COP. But to fly directly and while holding RTD...maaan.. you have guts to do that?

as for anything affecting your case it will probably be your adjustment of status to permanent resident i.e. green card. I do not want to scare you or anything but.. You should feel very lucky if you get your green card smoothly. But on citizenship process this should definitely surface.

let me ask you. Did you go and present RTD to immigration people in your country or only used your national passport?

You might have bumpy road on your AOS.Could you tell us what they exactly did with you on POI.where did you enter from? did you go to secoundary inspection and any other detail.you might get letter from USCIS to appear for explanation and many other thing might happen depending how IO welcomed you back.

Last edited by a moderator:
let me ask you. Did you go and present RTD to immigration people in your country or only used your national passport?

Every country is a bit different. I once traveled to those countries that people just don't care. If you present them the passport issued by "United States of Mars", you will get stamped and let in.:D:D:D:D:D:D

There are also those countries in western Africa that you must renew your NP every couple of years, otherwise you basically "abandon" your citizenship and all properties in that country.

You should feel very lucky if you get your green card smoothly. But on citizenship process this should definitely surface.?

oh :eek: man that is really bad news. i cant wait amy more for my green card.
i went to COP for emergancy. is this gana help:confused:

no no no no no i just use the national passport. i only showed the RTD in JFK.

You might have bumpy road on your AOS.Could you tell us what they exactly did with you on POI.where did you enter from? did you go to secoundary inspection and any other detail.you might get letter from USCIS to appear for explanation and many other thing might happen depending how IO welcomed you back.

I went to the window of the visitors. He took my picture and 4 finger prints. Then he put my passport , my RTD , and the white paper i filled in the plane, in a green file.He send me to an officer. The officer asked me why you did i go there? i told him the reason. and then he said i made a big mestake by going to COP, and this is gana affect my case.
and that;s all.

I went to the window of the visitors. He took my picture and 4 finger prints. Then he put my passport , my RTD , and the white paper i filled in the plane, in a green file.He send me to an officer. The officer asked me why you did i go there? i told him the reason. and then he said i made a big mestake by going to COP, and this is gana affect my case.
and that;s all.

Hmm...... Are you derivative or principal?

i was reading her posts..she is a derivative..she is not the principal is her father. better to wait until her gren card and then go cause she is not the principal...i think was bad advice from her lawyer...well whenever she aply for her green card she need to say that she is not the principal asylee just a derivative and that;'s why she went to her country..but better to talk with a lawyer...girl///please even is an emergency the right thing was to wait for your green card..not fiance or whoever person was waiting for you in your country deserve to lose all what your family fought for you and a better life in this country

If that is the case, then there is not much she should worry. The CBP officer may have put some notes there, but that alone should not cause an issue. One scenario is that if his father's asylum claim mentions about him being also persecuted there is a little chance that his trip could undermine this claim. But I think this alone is too immaterial to be used against his father. One thing he definitely did right was to tell the truth about his trip. There are cases that people lied about these trip got big trouble.

If she is a derivative, she should be okay.I know many people who are dependent of refuge and going back every year and some of them became already USC and did not hide that they went or going back on naturalization process.Now the question is that if they don't have GC yet, what will happen and in my opinion it should not be problem.
As always many of officers at point of entry don't have a clue about, what they are talking about and this is another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
but when i told him that i am a derivitive asylum, he said what if you shouldn't go.
Then he stamped my passport and my RTD with ASYLUM STATUS.
that mean i am asylum just like my father.

he asked how long i were in COP. the answer was 4 months. He was just maaad.
to be honest , i was just to cry.

One thing he definitely did right was to tell the truth about his trip. There are cases that people lied about these trip got big trouble.

thanx God i tried to lie, then i decided just to tell the truth.nothing last forever

not fiance or whoever person was waiting for you in your country deserve to lose all what your family fought for you and a better life in this country

thanx for telling me that. usa is really good place to live. but i am engaged to a nice person, i need to be with him in his bad sickness. i love him mor than usa.

what can i do

Can anybody help me if I withdraw my pending asylum case( I hv final hearing next year) and go back to my COP for ever, will there be any problems in the country's airport by immigration authorities, will they question me as to why I hv overstayed in USA or will they hv access to know the details? I need to go because its very-very urgent n I am ready to put my life in danger for this...ur advise is appreciated..

Can anybody help me if I withdraw my pending asylum case( I hv final hearing next year) and go back to my COP for ever, will there be any problems in the country's airport by immigration authorities, will they question me as to why I hv overstayed in USA or will they hv access to know the details? I need to go because its very-very urgent n I am ready to put my life in danger for this...ur advise is appreciated..

No. They don't care. You have your national passport, so they are obligated to let you out and your country is obligated to allow you in.
If the airline associate asks you about your status in the US, just show his the "asylum pending" letter that you shoud have received from the INS. This way you won't be deported.
I am sorry to hear about your miserable situation. Hope everything works out for you.