I was on the same flight with Jimmy Carter

LCSilence

Registered Users (C)
I was waiting to board a plane from Seattle to DC. I was a couple of hours earlier than the schedule. I noticed there was a very well dressed old man that looked strikingly familiar. After I was sure who he was, however I didn't have enough courage to go over and talk to him. I regret later, because otherwise I may be able to get his attention on this retrogression issue.

Yeah, you should have - I am pretty sure he would have been a very nice and interesting person to talk to. However, I doubt how much he could help about this issue of ours - also he is more interested in peace and democracy related issues these days.

Uhh... I'm pretty sure there are no living Presidents that travel without Secret Service security. If it was infact Jimmy Carter, I doubt you could have gotten close enough to him to talk to him.

You sure it wasn't just a look-a-like?

NN

Oh yes - he would definitely have SS security. I'm actually suprised that he is travelling in a commercial airline. However, I meant - if he (or his guards) would let you approach him and talk to him ... ;)

What's wrong ?

He just wanted to share with us, on this important day. What's wrong with you ?

I was thinking the same thing first, how come he would wait for a late night flight like me. However, I saw him on Larry king recently and I am pretty sure it was him, of course I cannot say 100%. According to the way he dress and the way he handles himself, there is no way he is just upper 0.1%, must be upper 0.00001% of the population. The interesting thing is: He wore fancy suit with a brown pointed cowboy boots. The boot leather was of excllent quality, probably that was why it didn't look weird with the outfit. I

He seemed approachable, but nobody went to talk to him. Some people remained curious and actionless just like me.

There was a guy following him around. I didn't notice until later I saw the guy walked him to the plane and seated him.