I want to know what is the procedure to take after receiving landing papers.

raghu6530

Registered Users (C)
I have few questions on what is the next step after receiving landing papers

1.As per new regulations, with in how many days shall we enter in to Canada?

2.I applied for entire family, right now shall I go alone for landing and my family can join later?

3.What is the procedure to apply SIN card / New PR card? Health card? How long it will take?

4.I declared $18000 (CND) to bring to Canada with me, should I carry that amount, because I am planning to go alone right now.

5.When should I declare my items to customs? Should I carry everything while landing or declare now and take it later?

Thanks in advance.

Raghu

1.As per new regulations, with in how many days shall we enter in to Canada?

Nothing to do with old or new rules. You and family have to enter by the expiry date on the visa which will be stamped in your passports.

2.I applied for entire family, right now shall I go alone for landing and my family can join later?

Your choice, go alone or with family. ONly thing is every member has to enter before the expiry date of visa stamped in their passports.

3.What is the procedure to apply SIN card / New PR card? Health card? How long it will take?

When you enter immigration officer will fill your PR card form and ask for your residential address where it will be mailed in about 4 weeks. If you dont have any address to give he will ask you send your address within 180 days for the PR card.
He will also give you a form for SIN. You will have to find nearest office where you will stay and apply for SIN carfd. You will personally have to go to office. For details check out the canada gov site.

5.When should I declare my items to customs? Should I carry everything while landing or declare now and take it later?

make list of goods you are carrying and another list of good to follow. Include each and every item you are or want to bring i future along with estimated costs prefrebvaly in CSD. make 2 copiees of each list and [resent them to custom who will stamp them.

Hope it helps,

4.I declared $18000 (CND) to bring to Canada with me, should I carry that amount, because I am planning to go alone right now.

You dont need to carry that much money with you. Bring some for immediate needs. Its enough to show bank statements as proof of funds.

Thanks for your detailed answers. I really appreciate your help. Today i received a letter from Canada immigration office to pay landing fee. But i didn't received landing papers. But my e-status showing - Decision Made.

If i send the landing fee tomorrow, how long it will take to get landing papers?

Please advice.

Thanks
Raghu

I am assuming you already have your medicals done sometime back?

For me they ahd asked for landing fees when they sent the medical letter, so I had sent my medical, FBI, landing fees together and then it took 2 months to get visa.

I think if you alrady have your medicals you should reveive letter to send passport pretty soon, once you send the fees.

e-Client is right in saying decision made because you have been approved. but anyway dont give too much importance to e-Client its quite useless.

You also need an address before you move to Canada.
This is a must especially if you are moving with your car.

And to retain status you are advised to maintain the address.

I have done that and now moving back to US. Let me know if
you need more info.

For CanadianHelp

CanadianHelp

Please help me. I am planning to go to Canada for landing and then returning back to US. Can I give my relative's address in Canada as my address? What proof do I need to show that I am maintaining a residence there? Also, can I come back to US after landing before getting a PR Card? I do not have the visa stamp on my passport. Will that be a problem? Will the US border officials ask me that why I am returning without establishing a residence in Canada? I am confused. Don't want to take a risk in this matter.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
hmnpa