I want to call my daughter...

lovensing

Registered Users (C)
My GC is not approved yet ....

RD 10/19/02
NJ-EB3-IND

How can I call my daughter (8yrs old) here....
I never filed any papers with INS for her.........

pls..pls help

If you are on H-1, you can file for H-4 visa. Don't need any extra documentation. Just need the proof that she is your daughter. Take here to the embassy alongwith your H-1 and should be done....

Contact your lawyer ASAP

You need to file her green card ASAP - before your case gets approved! Talk to your lawyer. Her application would be filed as your dependant. But I believe she should be in the US for that. You can bring her on H4 visa (if you are on H1B). Or maybe visitors visa.

Well your RD is Oct. 2002! Then you have some time

I thought Oct. 2001.

Anyway, you have to get her here and file her GC before you get approval.

thx all

sorry....my RD is OCT 01 not 02

My H1 is expiring in July...and I want to call her after July....

If i apply for her H4..........she will get VISA only till July 03.....and I want to call her after that....

pls help

Thx

lovensing

If you are on H1, then you can take her to the americal consulate in India, along with documents proving that she is your daughter and your H1 documents. They will stamp her PP with a H4 visa and she can come here. If you don't want to go to India to bring your daughter, then send all the documents. I think you need to go through the dropbox system.

I suggest you to do it immediately because, some companies will withdraw their employees H1, 6 months after filing 485 and got their EAD. If you didn't apply for EAD or your company doesn't do like that, then no problem.

Your H1 and proof that she is your daughter, should be good enough to bring your daughter here

- Bob