I told her Maike math jayo --- 140 is approved - can I file for next stage without my wife in US??

hydi

Registered Users (C)
All Pundits, My 140 is approved. My wife is in India. I opted for C.P. My para-legal claims that I won\'t be able to file for my next stage until my wife returns. Is it true ? Geez, if it is true, it will be as scary as Mummy returns. She won\'t be back until May. In any case don\'t I have to wait on NVC to create my case first ?
Supplement question :- And also while she is in India, can she get her PCC done at RPO ? Would this be valid at the time of our CP ? She also worked in South Africa for a year in 1998. Does she also need PCC from South Africa ?

I appreciate everyones\' help.

thanks
hydi

I think you can file for CP with wife out of US

For AOS you have to be in the US. Many attorney offices are more knowlegeable about the AOS process and not CP, hence the confusion of rules.

Thanks patta hara ...

Patta Hara, Thanks !! Can you also comment on my supplement question please.

thanks
hydi ..

I am not sure about the PCC

If she has lived anywhere over 6 month/year then she has to get PCC.
More details in OF 169.

I had lived in UK for obout 9 months and since it was less than 1year I did not take the PCC. (But mine was 2001 case, PCC rules are different this year)

answers

1) You can file for CP with ur wife being in India. but you still need to get her signature on Part I form. anyway till you receive Packet3 from NVC, your wife might be back.
2) any place you stayed >6 months after age 16 yrs require PCC. but if that country is on NVC list for non-availability of PCC, you might want to investigate.

PCC From South Africa

Hi,

Just to advise that South Africa does provide a PCC. I suggest that if you do need it, you apply as soon as possible as it could take you a while if you are not in South Africa.

Good luck trying to get it!!

e-mail DS230 part 1

The only signature you require is on the above form. Ask her to download from immihelp.com and fill, sign and mail to you. She does NOT have to be in the US for you to file CP. The only thing is the PCC. If her passport is Indian then US Indian consulate will not issue PCC without stamping on it. If her passport is foreign then Indian PCC is issued without PCC stamp. A lot of people have reported that they have managed to get Indian PCC from regional Passport office in India. You could try. If not that will be an issue for you. But if she is coming to US before your CP then you can apply for PCC on her behalf with copy of Indian passport and wait for her to go and get it personally stamped or mail the consulate when she is in the US (passports can\'t be sent out of the country by mail).

Somehow I missed to thank brb, febcplondon, sriganesh, Patta Hara ......

Earlier some how I missed to thank brb, febcplondon, sriganesh, and Patta Hara. I was searching the response for my question and found that I didn\'t thank at all. I really felt guilty. It was rude of me. Sorry Guys. That was a very useful information. Thanks a ton

hydi