I thought this will never happen

amitkoh

Registered Users (C)
EB2; PD 2001; 485 RD - 2005. Second FP (code 3) done 1 week ago.
Lost count of LUDs, EADs, APs

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EAC*******265

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 27, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 27, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

Nice, that's a long wait.

Congrats on your approval.....nicely coincides with the upcoming Independence Day weekend! Enjoy your green. :)

Spouse finally approved

After multiple interventions by local congressman's office, USCIS connected the dots. It has been about 3 months since my approval.

Sincerely,

You mean you haven't received the card yet?

PD: 12/1/01 EB3 (India)
Lost-count-of FP's, AP's & EAD's.

No. My wife (dependent) was approved after 100 days of my approval and receiving cards. If I have learned anything from this process...keep pressure on USCIS thru any Senator / Congressman / State Senator you can find. If all being equal, this is what will make a difference when you get approved

No. My wife (dependent) was approved after 100 days of my approval and receiving cards. If I have learned anything from this process...keep pressure on USCIS thru any Senator / Congressman / State Senator you can find. If all being equal, this is what will make a difference when you get approved

I agree with you in total. When I contacted my local congressman, this is the e-mail I recived through the congressman's office - "This individual has current FBI fingerprints and name check and there is
a current visa available so I have informed our EXAMS Unit to request
the file from the file room and to start the adjudication process.
Please allow 45-120 days before the examiner will send a response to the
individual regarding a decision in the case."

If all the formalities with the application are satisfied, what the heck is it doing in the "File room"? Had I not contacted the congressman's office, I have NO doubt I would have waited thru couple of retrogression till they would have decided to "administratively close" my case.

I agree with you in total. When I contacted my local congressman, this is the e-mail I recived through the congressman's office - "This individual has current FBI fingerprints and name check and there is
a current visa available so I have informed our EXAMS Unit to request
the file from the file room and to start the adjudication process.
Please allow 45-120 days before the examiner will send a response to the
individual regarding a decision in the case."

If all the formalities with the application are satisfied, what the heck is it doing in the "File room"? Had I not contacted the congressman's office, I have NO doubt I would have waited thru couple of retrogression till they would have decided to "administratively close" my case.

But ur FP seems expired right ? more than 15 months ?

immi

I dont know if it expeired or not.
All I know is within 6 wks of contacting the Congressmen's office, I got my Green card (Approved on 1/10/8).

Just to be clear - I was NOT asked to go for second FP.