I Think This Is The Best Way For A Mbbs Doctor From India To Go To The Us

DoctorPrem

All one should do is apply for a job for research. Ask some of your friends in US to try getting you for research job. It is freely available in NY, NJ, TX and so on. Once that is done.. then once ur employer files a H-1 visa for u, matters begin to pick up speed. U will have no trouble getting clearance at the embassy. Once u reach the states, work for ur employer for a year, at the same time studying for ur MLE\'s. Once u clear ur MLE\'s quit and apply for a fresh H-1 under a new residency program. its easy and can be easily done. Can anyone tell me if there are any who have gone through this route and if yes please give me their contact numbers... I appreciate this. I shall check back for more information. Thanx again.

No Title

My dad is MBBS from India. He has over 30 years of working experience as General Practitioner or Family Physician. He has a green card. Now, he wants to settle here for good and is looking for a way to not study(or minimum study as he is already 56 years of age) and still get work in his related field (read medical science). What can he do? Anyone has any information (websites, phone nos. etc) for this?

No Title

The only problem you may run into is that your H-1B visa may be up to 6 years limit before you are finished with your training and you may not have enough time to file for GC. Also,
not every hospital will sponsor you on H-1B nowadays.

No Title

Doctor Prem,
    Can you let me know the procedure for applying for a research job to somebody in India and websites to look into

thanks tan_b

No Title

Hi. My cousin is going to apply for a J-1 visa in the US consulate in New Delhi. Can anyone please tell me how good the chances are for getting a J-1
visa from N.Delhi. She is a doctor and a US University is sponsoring her IAP-66 for a research job for 6 months. She is getting part of the finances from her institute in India and paying the rest out of her pocket. She is married and her husband who also lives in India won\'t be accomponying her on this trip. Does she need to bring anything else besides the IAP-66, proof of finances and medical insurance papers, to the consulate when she applies for the visa. I would really appreciate any and all the information, suggestions and advice regarding this.

Regards,
Sahil

No Title

I have a residency on a J1 visa and I have yet to apply and get my J1. Some of my friends tell me that I should let go of the residency that I already have and write step 3 to make me eligible for a H1 visa and apply all over again for residency programs. Does anybody there have an opinion on this plan of action? I can stay legally in the country for another year or so.
Thanks.

No Title

It may be more difficult to find hospital that will sponsor you for an H-1B for residency, you should find out beforehand.

No Title

Hi,
  My dad is a Doctor(M.B.B.S) in India and is visiting U.S for the first time. He has B1 Visa. Is there a chance of getting an opportunity for him to work here? May be some place where patients need 24 hrs service. Does he have to apply for work visa?
    If anybody can help, that will be great.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

Friends,
I will try and answer several queries in this post.
1. Residency on H-1B visa is very difficult to obtain these days.
2. MBBS in India is NOT equivalent to MD in USA unless ALL steps of USMLE are cleared. EXPERIENCE in india means nothing in the USA. Also, in India, every one can become a family practitioner after passing MBBS but in the USA, we have to do 3 years residency in family medicine after finishing medical school!
3. Getting residency through research is possible but very difficult these days. You should have lot of financial support.
4. My opinion is to make your life in Bollywood rather than struggle to get in to residency.

HELP ME!can some one tell me the list of H1Bvisa sponsoring colleges for ent

i want to know the colleges which offer ent residency programme and do sponsor for h1bvisa..if any one knows pls me and ur work will be appreciated ,,
do respond soon pls.