I think the retrogression is working in NSC

I485sept03

Registered Users (C)
I can't see any case with EB3 from the affected countries and PD after 2001 approved since 1/1/2005.
Nothing in Rupnet.com or any other site.

First thing is if USCIS is approving any cases or went in hibernation. I am seeing approval here and there, that's all.

Hi brij523,

I was seeing one case with PD 10/02 EB3 got approved in Rupnet. How that is possible if retro is working??

my observation

I too have an EB3 friend with PD >2002 who got approved on Jan 4th .My observation is that if you had not received an RFE in Dec'04 or later then you still have chances but people like me who have RFE their cases have been kept on HOLD for sure.

Is this guy/girl from affected country?

ddd999 said:
Hi brij523,

I was seeing one case with PD 10/02 EB3 got approved in Rupnet. How that is possible if retro is working??

Is this guy/girl from affected country?EB3?

we can better understand if the retrogression is working or not, if we have a tracking thread for cases like,

EB3 , PD < jan 2002, affected countries from retrogression, No RFE, No Approval

if we see lots of people in the above situation then the retrogression should work?

No approval with PD<1 2002 so far in NSC

Do you think NSC is the only center implementing the retrogression?

justwait1 said:
I too have an EB3 friend with PD >2002 who got approved on Jan 4th .My observation is that if you had not received an RFE in Dec'04 or later then you still have chances but people like me who have RFE their cases have been kept on HOLD for sure.

I've a good friend who is from one of the affected countries and his priority date is late Jan 02 (after 1/1/2002) and he got an RFE last week.

Hello Friends:
My PD is in Jul'2000 but i filed my 485 only in Nov'2003.If the retrogression Formula works will my 485 Case ever be opened.What will be the processing fashion in my case

gchopeful2005 said:
I've a good friend who is from one of the affected countries and his priority date is late Jan 02 (after 1/1/2002) and he got an RFE last week.

RFE doesnt count. I beleive only the Stamp in passport or 485 approval counts under retrogression.

I read in Attorny Murthys bulletin that people got approvals for the previous retrogression but were specified that the stamp in passport has to wait until the priority date is current.

wilaborgc said:
RFE doesnt count. I beleive only the Stamp in passport or 485 approval counts under retrogression.

I read in Attorny Murthys bulletin that people got approvals for the previous retrogression but were specified that the stamp in passport has to wait until the priority date is current.
but why they are doing this? the stamp shouldn't take any processing and the goal of the retrogression is to spead up the process and offload the officers to give room for other countries filers.

I485sept03 said:
the goal of the retrogression is to spead up the process and offload the officers to give room for other countries filers.
You are wrong. The goal of retrogression is to be sure that no more that number of people specified by law are granted permanent residence in any particular financial year.

Retrogression only comes into affect at the time that an attempt is made by the USCIS officer to create a I-181 record for you. This technically happens when everything else for your case has been pre-approved and reviewed and the officer is ready to "approve" your case. That's the time when he needs to get a visa number for you. If your PD is not current for your country, then he cannot get a visa number for you at that time, and thus cannot approve your case until such visa number becomes available. There is nothing legally stopping work on your case up until that point, so an RFE, or an intent to deny, or a even a second FP notice can still occur.

Rupnet shows a approval with PD 03/01/2002

Hi Guys,

Rupnet shows a approval with PD 03/01/2002.
The case details are as follows:
type : IND-MI-EB3
PD : 03/01/2002
RD : 02/06/2003
ND: 03/06/2003
AD: 01/18/2005

it is interesting. :)

the case you are talking about is the only case we found so far, i think it worth to wait sometime to findout