I think it\'s time to start a new RFE series.

Henry ForGC

Registered Users (C)
There has been a very good series on RFE\'s in the last several days. However, it is too long and hard to keep track of all the messages.

I posted several messages in that series. Here is my update on my case. Yesterday afternoon, after 15 minutes dialing and 30 minutes waiting, I was able to talk to an IIO. I told her that the AVM said RFE\'s were sent on Oct.9 and 14 days had passed and I still had not received anything. I also told her that I was calling because the AVM instructed so (call after 14 days). Her answer was: "Wait another week". I think that was when I lost it. I said: "I cannot just keep waiting, we don\'t trust the system."

She later on suggested that I should asked the lawyer to send an fax inquiry. She did end the conversation forcefully but politely although I still had a lot to say.

Who receives an RFE notice, lawyer or candidate

Who receives an RFE notice, lawyer or candidate. My lawyer is very careless. Is RFE a normal process? It seems that my application is pretty straightforward, still I got an RFE ( on AVM, yet to receive the actual notice).
Please post if anybody else also received RFE recently and whatwas it for.
Thanks

According to IIO,

the RFE was sent to my home address. My law firm says they normally also receive a copy. However, in this case, nobody has received anything. By the way, waiting_like_crazy, when did they supposedly send you the RFE? I believe many people would like to borrow your name now.

No Title

Guys,

I can think of two reasons why you unfortunately got RFE\'s

a) You have old Priority dates earlier than 01/01/01
b) You didn\'t include W2 and Tax returns with Adjustment of
   Status application. My lawyer said your suppose to include
   proof you\'ve been paying taxes.

Is one or both of the above *not* true for anyone recently receiving
an RFE?

I\'m really sorry for you guys. But the good news is after you
send in the response to the RFE, typically cases take 1 to 2 months
to get approved. Look at the positive side, the RFE\'s are fairly
routine and you know the end is in sight!!!!

No Title

Case 1 is true. my PD is 04/00. But I would hardly call that old. There are cases with ND 10/00 approved now without RFE.

Case 2 - I did not submit tax related stuff when I applied. But I did submit a form indicating which was the last year that I had paid taxes. My lawyer did not ask me for any other tax things. They handle hundreds of case for my company(large corporation). So I don\'t think they have missed out.
In any case, my RFE was for W2s, paystubs and Employment letter. The did not ask for the tax returns. Having W2s is not a proof of filing tax returns.
I think all the recent RFE cases must have been assigned to one particular IIO who has decided to make things difficult and he is extra paranoid given all the recent layoffs.
Just happened to be unlucky I think...

Well, Bongo,

a) My case did not have a priority date at the time of the filing, it has been current for a couple of years(?).

b) I sent 3 years W2 forms and tax returns to the lawyer. However, base on the copies of the filings that I received from the lawyer, no W2 forms and only 1 year tax return was included. In addition, the tax return was included in my wife\'s files instead of mine. I am the principal. I do not know whether it had been the reason or whether the officers at CSC even noticed that there is a tax return. Even I did not notice at the first time since it was included in my wife\'s files.

By the way, Bongo, thanks for the encouragement!

Vine, I think it probably depends.

An officer in my local INS office read from her computer screen that the RFE was sent to the "following address" which was my home address. But I do think many of the people received RFE through their lawyer. So I am really confused.

No Title

Vine, HenryforGC

Thanks for your comments.

Vine even though a PD of 04/00 may seem not old, the INS
figure it\'s been at least 1.5 years since you got your
I140 approved, so there is a chance you changed companies,
hence the RFE.

HenryForGC you blew my theory that people with old PD\'s
are getting RFE\'s to show proof of employment and tax
payment. Did you actually get your RFE as yet or are your
still waiting for it? Maybe yours isn\'t for W2, paystubs etc.

Bongo, I have not received them yet.

I do not know what they are for. What\'s odd is even my wife as a dependent got an RFE (still waiting). I don\'t care what they are for, I have no problem answering whatever questions they have. Just, please, let me get that letter in the mail.

No Title

You are not required to include tax returns or W2\'s.
RFE\'s are randomly triggered in my opinion and you
could get one even if you include everything.

wait2001

No Title

My RFE was sent on Oct 20th according to AVM, nobody has received yet. My lawyer said that new rule is not to attach tax and W-2s. But I think it\'s required in this economy. Anyway waiting for RFE.

RFE on 24 oct.

AVM says 24 oct. RFE , not received yet.

BTW I did FP two months before schedule.

wait2001

April Filer:RFE

CSC,WAC-01-162-XXXXX, RD:04/02,ND:04/19
EAD,AP received.
FP done before schedule...Done on 08/15,Scheduled 08/31.
The AVM on Oct 26th said that a notice was sent to me of Additional Documents (RFE).
Today my Lawyer faxed me the requirements...
Copies of
1.W2s for last 3 years.
2.Letter of Employment
3.4 most recent pay stubs or cancelled checks.
The RFE notice was sent to my Lawyer.
It says that the information requested must be received by INS no later than 84 days from the date of Notice and if not provided the application will be considered abandoned pursuant to...blah..and, as such, will be denied.
Hope this helps...

Tracking website - can be updated by user

Heres the link
http://www25.brinkster.com/vineins/tracking.asp

I think most cases that we have seen here is FPs done ahead of schedule. Maybe an older PD also plays a part. Given the current economic situation, it is nothing extraordinary if the IIO feel suspicious that you still hold a job..
But I feel that it really depends on the IIO - some of them may be more cautious while other just let it slide... what to say... our bad luck i guess..

23 days and counting, still have not received the RFE(s).

I actually did FP 1 week ahead of schedule.

I agree, we are chosen to be the bad luck receivers.

No Title

why don\'t you ask your lawyer to send a fax.
I have a situation where the AVM says that they received my
RFE reply even though I never got a RFE much less send a reply.
My lawyer says the AVM messages are often bogus, even some
approvals have turned out false. So it may be that your don\'t
have a RFE and your case is simply pending, with a incorrect AVM message.

wait2001