I talked to IIO this morning. Here is what she told me.

mimic

Registered Users (C)
After seeing some Aug 99 cases approved I called IIO(VSC) today. She first
asked me the catagory and PD in order to check whether visa numbers are avaliable. (My case EB2, China, PD 3/98, ND 8/99) Then she said it could take 4 more months. Regarding to Aug 99 approval case, she said cases were
treated individually so there was no comparision among cases basically.

That\'s all. I don\'t know it is true or not. Only can cross figure and keep breath untill....

No Title

I think PD matters, China EB2 PD has not moved to 98 yet based on the approvals on board. mine is PD 12/97 EB2, no news. I saw some China NIW EB2 with PD 11/97 and 12/97 approved. There are thousands of applications on Aug.99. So PD might be the key point.

No Title

Hi, My PD is Sept 23/97. RD: Aug06/99, ND: Aug25/99, FP: June01/00.
No news yet. I called VSC one month ago, and was told that it would take
at least 3 more months for my approval.

No Title

Why PD matters? As long as the PD is current when somebody touches your file, the PD does not make any differences. I don\'t think INS will spend time sorting the cases by PD.

If the PD is not current when the application is opened, they will issue a "visa not available letter" and the case will be put into a long frozen winter.

That is the way I believe the I-485 is handled.

No Title

I want to talk to IIO at vermont but I have not been able to get
through. When is the best time to call? Thank you for your
response(s).

No Title

I don\'t know what time is better. I tried in the morning around 8:40am. After dialing almost a hundred times the phone got through and then wait 10 minutes to speak with IIO.

Would you pls share info with us after you talked to IIO? Thanks in advance and good luck.