I should have opted for CP

oak

Registered Users (C)
I should have opted for CP, this whole AOS is frustrating. I think the whole process is having a bad impact on my health.:(

Is it possible to switch back to CP

Yes, it's possible (I-824 or attorney certified I-140 if approved for AOS and if the consulate accepts it). However, it's not worthwhile, especially so since you already did 2nd FP and your day must be very very close now.

I, too, think I should have gone for CP - but then, the delay was not anticipated at that time. So not much sense in regretting...

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

oak,
Sorry to hear about your case. Every body going through the same phase.

I would suggest to approach your local senator.

pain

Originally posted by oak
I should have opted for CP, this whole AOS is frustrating. I think the whole process is having a bad impact on my health.:(

i feel your pain . . .
my RD is sept 6th, so my case is not as bad as yours yet.
I too have regrets about choosing AOS vs CP.
But at the moment . . . whare are we going to do. nothing. we'll have to wait. my guess is, April is our month.
Let's face it, October and November are always about audit, December is christmas, January is new years, February is too cold to go to work in Vermont, March is spring and lots of work to do. By april they should get to our applications. Maybe even approve some of them . . . I think April was always a good month for the INS.

switch to CP

HI jigesh,
I filed my 485 5 months back.Can I switch to CP now?
Thanks in advance for your reply !

Originally posted by jigesh
Yes, it's possible (I-824 or attorney certified I-140 if approved for AOS and if the consulate accepts it). However, it's not worthwhile, especially so since you already did 2nd FP and your day must be very very close now.

I, too, think I should have gone for CP - but then, the delay was not anticipated at that time. So not much sense in regretting...

Best wishes,

Jigesh

I filed my 485 5 months back.Can I switch to CP now?

Yes, but you have to decide for yourself whether it's worthwhile. If I-824 takes 6 months, CP itself can take upto 8 months (typically, 6 months; but recently these times, too, have increased). Also, CP is not advisable if your job-prospects are uncertain and if you/dependent violated legal visa status in past. Once you file I-824, AOS is automatically terminated. If AOS is denied, you can always appeal. If visa during the CP is denied (happens extremely rare), that's the end of your immigration ambition. CP is ideal for those whose I-140 was approved in EB-1/NIW as there are no job related complications.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Thanks jigesh

Originally posted by jigesh
Yes, but you have to decide for yourself whether it's worthwhile. If I-824 takes 6 months, CP itself can take upto 8 months (typically, 6 months; but recently these times, too, have increased). Also, CP is not advisable if your job-prospects are uncertain and if you/dependent violated legal visa status in past. Once you file I-824, AOS is automatically terminated. If AOS is denied, you can always appeal. If visa during the CP is denied (happens extremely rare), that's the end of your immigration ambition. CP is ideal for those whose I-140 was approved in EB-1/NIW as there are no job related complications.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
...I see a half attorney in you..I'm serious.

My I-140 was approved under national interest waiver - can't change the profession now!! What a pity!!

On a more serious note, as my disclaimer says, don't take my opinions too seriously - better to consult some "real" attorney.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Originally posted by oak

Tell me about it. Lot of people are. u r too close at this time. I am still on the border. Not good either way.

Looks like some movement in our case, my wife got her 2nd FP notice( scheduled for 11/12/03). I am planning for a early FP.

We both have same RD,ND and we did 1st FP on the same date.

I initiated an inquiry for both of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
we received our receipt for our EAD and AP's. ND was same date as my wife's 2nd FP ND.

Friends Do you think our applications for EAD and AP might have triggered 2nd FP for my wife.