I sent my documents to the wrong office... What should I do now?

Aklenna

Does anybody know what I can do in my situation... I sent my documents (I-485, I-130, I-765) to the INS office, where I reside (California). But now I know that it was wrong, because everybody have to file their documents to Chicago office first... no matter what state you are reside. So... what should I wait for now.... Are they gonna send all my paper back, or they will resend it to Chicago for me??? Help please....

They should just forward them to the Chicago lockbox I believe. At least that's what it says on the website for my district office. Worst case, they send them back to you.

dr_lha said:
They should just forward them to the Chicago lockbox I believe. At least that's what it says on the website for my district office. Worst case, they send them back to you.

Thank you for your answer:)
Yes! They did it... They just forwarded my documents to the the Chicago lockbox... And I received my NOAs:)))) It took less than two weeks to resend it... So it was nothing to be worry about... :) Now I'm going to have my FP/Bio next week :D