I really need some expert advice!

curious2007

Hello all of you at this forum!

I really feel as if me and my husband has all odds against odds, but here's
our story;

Me and my husband met while I was over in the States on my I-94 about 5 months ago. We fell in love and got married two months ago. Now we want to apply for me to stay and file for AOS.

First of all, these are my concerns, my husband is 12 yrs younger than me, I am 42 and he is 30. Will this be a problem?

Also, my husband has been in prison in the past, he was incarcarated for three years and got out 6 months before we met. Will this affect my application, and the affidavit of support, I read that he'll have to show the three most recent years of tax returns. He has his own business, a landscaping company.

Also, when filing the affidavit of support, does this form have to be filed at the same time as the I-130, G-325 and the AOS form, or can it be brought at the interview?

I guess my concerns are about his conviction in the past and the age difference between us two. To us it isn't of course, and I used to be married to a 10 year old US citizen for 6 years, however we never lived in the States.

I'd be very thankful for some answers on this.

Dawn

my wife is 15 years older then me... i am 22, she 37... i think, our interviewer just ignored this fact, so no questions about it were asked..

don't know about other questions...

Age Gap is not a problem for USCIS, age is just a number, marriage is all about love & commitment, and that is what USCIS checks.

Conviction shouldn't be a problem either as he is your sponsor. USCIS checks on and pays most attention to applicant (in this case, your) background.

Affadit should be filed jointly with all of the forms I-485, I-130, G-325, etc.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Also, my husband has been in prison in the past, he was incarcarated for three years and got out 6 months before we met.

Depending on what he was incarcerated for, this may affect his eligibility to sponsor you. Individuals convicted of sex crimes or crimes against children cannot file an I-130.

To us it isn't of course, and I used to be married to a 10 year old US citizen for 6 years, however we never lived in the States.

:eek:

The age factor is not a problem. There is a 15 year difference between me and spouse.

He only has to provide 1 year of tax returns.

It depends on the crime he committed but I don't think that is a problem.

Lol

OMG, I saw what I typed there, been married to a 10 year old US Citizen!!! LOL, I guess I won't get approved if they found out that!
Of course what I meant was my ex husband was 10 years younger than me!
I laughed so bad when I saw this!

Ok, then I don't feel so worried about it anymore!

And no, he has not been convicted of any sexual or violent crime.

Thank you all, and I'm sure more questions will arise during this process.

Dawn

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, I saw what I typed there, been married to a 10 year old US Citizen!!! LOL, I guess I won't get approved if they found out that!
Of course what I meant was my ex husband was 10 years younger than me!
I laughed so bad when I saw this!

Ok, then I don't feel so worried about it anymore!

And no, he has not been convicted of any sexual or violent crime.

Thank you all, and I'm sure more questions will arise during this process.

Dawn

:p