I passed the interview today!

my citizen interview on Feb 3rd 2010!

My interview was in New Orleans. I got there at 9am.But my interview time was 10am.so after went through the security then went straight dropped the interview letter and found a seat and wait for call my name.i was lucky ,about 15 mins a white around 40 years old lady called my name.i followed her to her office.The first one on the right.Before sat down ,she asked me swore the truth .so i did.then she ask GC,Driver Licence.and passport then start ask me n-400 PART ONE ----PART NINE.to confirm my basic information.after she ask the part 7time outside the united states (i did visit cop for 47 days),she took a look of my passport but she didn't say anything just pass to part 8
Then she asked me six questions :who is the Governor of my state?
what is one promise you make when you become a united states citizen?
what is one reason colonists came to america?
what movement tried to end racial discrimination?
where is the statue of liberty?
name two national u s holidays?
I answered correcly.
Then she ask me to read :who lives in the White House?
wrote:The President lives in the White House.
Then she ask me the yes / no questions.she didn't ask all of them. just pick 2 or 3 from part 10 (A,B,C,D,E,F).at oath requirement,she did ask to explain what is "bear arms"? i said : join the army fight for america.
Finally, she said congratulations, and ask me to sign part 13 and 14. then she gave me a oath letter for tomorrow (Feb 4th )1:30pm.
The whole process about 10 mins ,it was very smooth very quick. she didn't ask any about asylum stuff or renewed the passport.so just relax don't be so nervous like i was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Congratulations realfang. I knew from the beginning you would be fine.

I kind of don't believe those who said they have gotten into trouble for returning to COP with permanent resident obtain thru asylum.

I think that if they had trouble is because of something else; Taxes, tickets, child support or something like that. Retuning to COP should not be a problem as long as you have not return to live there.

These are my 5 cents and it's only MY opinion. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not encouraging people to return to COP.

;)

Dear Realfang and any other members:

I have some questions to ask.

Qns:
1) Did you guys renew NP after you were granted asylum but before getting your GC OR after you got your GC?
2) Is it OK and advisable to renew NP before getting GC coz in RTD there is a question asking whether u have obtain or renew NP?
3) After filing for I-485 GC, will DHS conduct an interview? If so, what were the questions posed? Will DHS ask question like renewal of NP?
4) When can I apply for I-485 GC? 1 year after final asylum grant? Eg: Jan 10, 2010 final grant, then Jan 9, 2011 can apply GC???

Thank you. God Bless u

How are you pretending to re-enter USA with your Count. Passp and no GC?

Dear Realfang and any other members:

I have some questions to ask.

Qns:
1) Did you guys renew NP after you were granted asylum but before getting your GC OR after you got your GC?
2) Is it OK and advisable to renew NP before getting GC coz in RTD there is a question asking whether u have obtain or renew NP?
3) After filing for I-485 GC, will DHS conduct an interview? If so, what were the questions posed? Will DHS ask question like renewal of NP?
4) When can I apply for I-485 GC? 1 year after final asylum grant? Eg: Jan 10, 2010 final grant, then Jan 9, 2011 can apply GC???

Thank you. God Bless u

Asilum,

You need to have a reentry permit or a RTD in order to reenter USA. Why do you need your National passport so badly that you can't wait until you have your GC?

1.You can do it, but without a RTD or a reentry permit, you can not leave the country.
2.No
3.The standard procedure is that you get your GC in the mail. No more interviews. But I have read of people who have been schedule an interview.
4.Yes. One year after asylum granted.

Good luck, and God bless you too.:D

Thx for the response Colombian PR. It's really my stupidity that I should have renewed NP before i applied for asylum. I didn't realize i could renew NP 6 months before expiry date. I need my NP badly because it's expiring soon and if i don't renew it, then my native country may revoke my citizenship (I don't know the cutoff time of LATE renewal of NP. I heard that someone who was late for 3 years in renewing NP, had his citizenship revoke). IF that happens, and if DHS, for any reasons, revoke my asylum status, I would be stateless. Where would I live? I guess I will have to buy a boat to live in Atlantic Ocean when that occurs. LOL

Another question is in filling out Form I-485 GC, is there a question regarding NP renewal?

Btw, I, at all possible, will not be leaving US untill I get my GC (if I get it LOL).

Any valid advice is appreciated. Thank you. GBU

Thx for the response Colombian PR. It's really my stupidity that I should have renewed NP before i applied for asylum. I didn't realize i could renew NP 6 months before expiry date. I need my NP badly because it's expiring soon and if i don't renew it, then my native country may revoke my citizenship (I don't know the cutoff time of LATE renewal of NP. I heard that someone who was late for 3 years in renewing NP, had his citizenship revoke). IF that happens, and if DHS, for any reasons, revoke my asylum status, I would be stateless. Where would I live? I guess I will have to buy a boat to live in Atlantic Ocean when that occurs. LOL

Another question is in filling out Form I-485 GC, is there a question regarding NP renewal?

Btw, I, at all possible, will not be leaving US untill I get my GC (if I get it LOL).

Any valid advice is appreciated. Thank you. GBU

If you need it, do it. You can explain the immigration agent when/if you are asked, that you where scared of being statelass.
Give them the same answer as you just gave me. You can also say that at that time, your passport was the only valid (unexpired) ID you had. I really don't think there will be a problem, as long as you are honest and have a good explanation. I don't think that's a question on the application for GC, but if it was, just answer with the truth.

I renew my passport after GC, and there where no questions asked at my citizenship interview.

Good luck. No fear!:D

Congratulations realfang. I knew from the beginning you would be fine.

I kind of don't believe those who said they have gotten into trouble for returning to COP with permanent resident obtain thru asylum.

I think that if they had trouble is because of something else; Taxes, tickets, child support or something like that. Retuning to COP should not be a problem as long as you have not return to live there.

These are my 5 cents and it's only MY opinion. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not encouraging people to return to COP.

;)

Well Actually I was asked to provide more information about visiting COP by the IO. I did stay there for a couple of months so that could be the issue, in any case I have submitted a letter and some supporting documents and awaiting final decision on my N-400 application. Congrats btw to the person who got approved in this thread. It totally depends on IO i think for the most part. Believe me, my taxes and everything else checked out OK.