I/O asked to wait for 6 days!

immipassion

Registered Users (C)
I used POJ method this morning to call (and hopefully) talk to NSC I/O. The lady told me that some action should be taken on my pending EB1B application within the next 6 days. It sounded odd to me so I clarified whether she meant 6 or 60 :) But she confirmed 6 and said that I should hear from them within 30 days. Now I know my name check had been pending for almost a year now (confirmed by senator's enquiry etc.). Can anyone with similar experience please tell me if it means my name check is clear. Unfortunately, I/O lady refused to share that information with me.

Hi

I had a similar experience with my 485 - I did clarify though, and the lady I spoke to at NSC said I had cleared NC/BC - not to put a damper on this news, but I am still waiting (called some 15 days ago...).

eb1a-query, it was for EB1B I-485 (name check relates to AOS) which has been pending since Nov 24'06.

waitabit, did you check your status online? lady told me some action would be taken in 6 days but it may take up to 30 days for me to hear back anything. god knows why the delay!

Thanks. May be NSC is working on the Eb1 cases, which makes sense as it is current. I have no expectation from TSC right now. they are still trying to clear their earlier mess. Your PD is within NSC processing time so they should be working on your case.

I called TSC y'day and a rude lady answered and refused to entertain any questions :(

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi Immipassion - yes, the online system hasn't changed since receipt of I-485. The IO I spoke with said this was 'normal' - I might call again next week!

waitabit, i think you were right in applying brakes to my enthusiasm! I did reach an I/O again today morning but this lady informed me that my name check is still pending! So, now, according to one agent I should expect some action in 4 more days and according to another agent that is just not possible! So frustating...

I am hoping that processing dates move atleast by a week before I make it to Infopass appointment next week so that they cannot use the excuse of my case being within processing times.

LUD on 11/11

I got a LUD on one of my approved I140s which was approved in May'06. Nothing on I485 which has been pending since Nov'06. As someone had suggested earlier, it is probably a result of automatic system archival activity.

waitabit, i think you were right in applying brakes to my enthusiasm! I did reach an I/O again today morning but this lady informed me that my name check is still pending! So, now, according to one agent I should expect some action in 4 more days and according to another agent that is just not possible! So frustating...

I am hoping that processing dates move atleast by a week before I make it to Infopass appointment next week so that they cannot use the excuse of my case being within processing times.

Hi Immipassion - I wish I were wrong on this! Waiting on this strains our nerves for sure!

More updates:
1. Went for infopass on Nov 15 but learnt nothing new. I/O just confirmed that NC is still pending. Also, tried to rectify my I485 receipt date as Nov'06 rather than Jan'07 (which, actually, is the notice date) but was told only NSC can do it. Earlier, I had already sent a letter to NSC and received confirmation of their mistake but no change in system status. anyways, I guess it doesn't matter now since processing dates have moved to Apr'07. So, using POJ method I have initiated the service enquiry which is expected to take up to 45 days.
2. Today heard back from my senator's office that as of Nov 12th my NC is still pending and I shouldn't hesitate to contact them again except to expedite it! They have enclosed a letter from FBI stating my case is 'in process' and should be resolved 'as quickly as possible'.

I have a new job offer (am changing from acads to industry in jan'08) and this wait is killing me :confused: