I/O asked to wait for 6 days!

immipassion

Registered Users (C)
I used POJ method this morning to call (and hopefully) talk to NSC I/O. The lady told me that some action should be taken on my pending EB1B application within the next 6 days. It sounded odd to me so I clarified whether she meant 6 or 60 :) But she confirmed 6 and said that I should hear from them within 30 days. Now I know my name check had been pending for almost a year now (confirmed by senator's enquiry etc.). So, can anyone with similar experience please tell me does it mean my name check is clear. I/O lady refused to share that information with me.

I used POJ method this morning to call (and hopefully) talk to NSC I/O. The lady told me that some action should be taken on my pending EB1B application within the next 6 days. It sounded odd to me so I clarified whether she meant 6 or 60 :) But she confirmed 6 and said that I should hear from them within 30 days. Now I know my name check had been pending for almost a year now (confirmed by senator's enquiry etc.). So, can anyone with similar experience please tell me does it mean my name check is clear. I/O lady refused to share that information with me.

dont believe n e thing I/Os or Infopass people tell u. Its all BS. I guess we get it when we get it n there is nothing we can do about it.

greynicolls, i think you were right in applying brakes to my enthusiasm! I did reach an I/O again today morning but this lady informed me that my name check is still pending! So, now, according to one agent I should expect some action in 4 more days and according to another agent that is just not possible! So frustating...

I am just hoping that processing dates move atleast by a week before I make it to Infopass appointment next week so that they cannot use the excuse of my case being within processing times.

i went to infopass on october 26th and they told me all agency checks are clear .......called nsc today and they said NC still pending.....

who knew we r all idiots......

in addition to tht they approved the EAD renewal

the old one was valid till december 08 07, the idiots approved the new one one on october 30th n now the expiry on the new one is september 30 08.

where is the commom sense in allof this.......

Greynicolls- My belief (and I have to stress that) is that if somebody tells me that my background checks are clear, I am ready to believe 100% but if somebody tells me otherwise, I'll not believe it. I think there are several levels of CSR or IOs, and not all of them have access to all the details. I dont expect them to tell me "you are clear" when they cannot see it... but they can very well say "you are not clear" because they dont see it. So, I would take your infopass result seriously and toss out your NSC response. I received "pending" response 80% of the time and only the last time I got "all clear" response. And I know for sure she had more access than others, but still not enough (I dont want to give the details).

On a different note: the person I spoke to at NSC said "people on the other side of the room do not like the phone calls" or something like that. So, not all CSRs have the same attitude :)

Similar thing happened with my EAD as well... lost about a month :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Not always,
At multiple infopass appointments in 2007, I was told that my Namecheck is pending, but a reply from FBI via First Lady in Sep 2007 tells me in writing that my Namecheck was cleared in 2006 itself.
What a mess.

This is unbelievable. So they approved your EAD starting b4 it was to expire? God we are stuck with morons.

Anyway, this moron of my lawyer insists that I legally can't file for EAD/AP renewal until it is 4 moths to expiry. I have been insisting for well over a week that it is 6 months and they should go and file renewal. Maybe I should not insist. BTW, how long did it take for you renewals to come thru?

i went to infopass on october 26th and they told me all agency checks are clear .......called nsc today and they said NC still pending.....

who knew we r all idiots......

in addition to tht they approved the EAD renewal

the old one was valid till december 08 07, the idiots approved the new one one on october 30th n now the expiry on the new one is september 30 08.

where is the commom sense in allof this.......

Ead

Well, my wife's EAD was expiring last week of February 08. They issued new EAD from October 29, 2007, even though we clearly mentioned that we need the renewal after the expiry of the current EAD. We lost 4 months of EAD fees.

This is unbelievable. So they approved your EAD starting b4 it was to expire? God we are stuck with morons.

Anyway, this moron of my lawyer insists that I legally can't file for EAD/AP renewal until it is 4 moths to expiry. I have been insisting for well over a week that it is 6 months and they should go and file renewal. Maybe I should not insist. BTW, how long did it take for you renewals to come thru?

see signature for timeline of AD approval

LUD on approved I140 on 11/11

I got a LUD on one of my approved I140s which was approved in May'06. Nothing on I485 which has been pending since Nov'06. As someone had suggested earlier, it is probably a result of automatic system archival activity.

More updates:
1. Went for infopass on Nov 15 but learnt nothing new. I/O just confirmed that NC is still pending. Also, tried to rectify my I485 receipt date as Nov'06 rather than Jan'07 (which, actually, is the notice date) but was told only NSC can do it. Earlier, I had already sent a letter to NSC and received confirmation of their mistake but no change in system status. anyways, I guess it doesn't matter now since processing dates have moved to Apr'07. So, using POJ method I have initiated the service enquiry which is expected to take up to 45 days.
2. Today heard back from my senator's office that as of Nov 12th my NC is still pending and I shouldn't hesitate to contact them again except to expedite it! They have enclosed a letter from FBI stating my case is 'in process' and should be resolved 'as quickly as possible'.

I have a new job offer (am changing from acads to industry in jan'08) and this wait is killing me :(

Did you hear any? 6 days have passed and wondering whether IO/USCIS kept his/its word.

More updates:
1. Went for infopass on Nov 15 but learnt nothing new. I/O just confirmed that NC is still pending. Also, tried to rectify my I485 receipt date as Nov'06 rather than Jan'07 (which, actually, is the notice date) but was told only NSC can do it. Earlier, I had already sent a letter to NSC and received confirmation of their mistake but no change in system status. anyways, I guess it doesn't matter now since processing dates have moved to Apr'07. So, using POJ method I have initiated the service enquiry which is expected to take up to 45 days.
2. Today heard back from my senator's office that as of Nov 12th my NC is still pending and I shouldn't hesitate to contact them again except to expedite it! They have enclosed a letter from FBI stating my case is 'in process' and should be resolved 'as quickly as possible'.

I have a new job offer (am changing from acads to industry in jan'08) and this wait is killing me :(

None whatsoever. As of Nov 15th my NC is still pending. I have seen NC of many apps filed in the same time frame of Oct-Nov'06 cleared recently but looks like just not mine... guess maintaining 10 yrs of legal, law-abiding status in this country indeed pays off:D

immipassion...

...I'm in the same boat, however a couple of months after you...
God only knows what kind of information or document appeared under your (or similar) name. I have been looking extensively into my case and what can appear in the DB and could trigger a red flag could be something as benign as: an e-mail to DHS (general info or directly to one of their officers), getting a scholarship for studies in your home country or abroad from a specific US organization (IRI or its democratic party counterpart).This also goes for a short-term financial aid to attend any kind of training or conference (add Fund for Open Society-Soros Foundation to the previous list). Also, if you have been involved in any kind of political organization (student, political party).
The only thing you have to pray for (in case one of these applies to you) is that whoever has a file on you has it in an electronic form. If it is a paper document, it can be lost and then you're in real trouble...
Once again, I am in the process of trying to obtain specific info on what is going on with my case. The above are not my experiences, but info gathered from other sites on the web...

genemaster

i am not sure either... may be my phd in computer security did me in, or may it was a few international conferences/workshops I attended. but, above all, I believe it is simply due to their lack lusture performance. how can someone without even a single parking ticket and without any affiliations but those in technical societies, need 1 yr to get cleared. to me it seems all NC stuck apps are processed in more or less FIFO order. Off late, I have noticed many Sep/Oct and a few Nov'06 files cases getting cleared.

immipassion...

...hmm, good to know about the NC clearance trend..maybe yours will come soon...and then so will mine...keep ur fingers crossed and let's hope something happens before the end of this year...

GM