I need your opinion!!!

Trueman999

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have received RFE for my I-485 that i have filed for AOS through USC (marriage). RFE asking for copy of my Birth Certificate, which i sent right away. Now my status online said the following. "On August 27, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case". I need to ask you guys that sine preliminary processing been completed does this means that i might be getting my AOS interview letter sometime soon? I'm a Canadian Citizen. How long it usually takes to get the Interview letter after this step? If someone can help. I would really appreciate it!!!!!

I guess, they are reviewing your case, so you should hear something soon regarding your case. It really does not matter about your country of citizenship, it all depends on the service center and how they process the cases.

yeah

same thing here

I don't know why they ask for the person's b/c

your foreign passport should be more than sufficient evidence

my wife is korean and they don't give out b/c per se.

what they do give is what's called a family registry and we sent a copy of that with a translation.