I need your honest opinion

migraine

Hi,

My father has been in the US for more than 20 years now. From that 20 years he was able to support us until college. Every time I ask his status in the US, he always tells me that its under process up until now. Honestly, I do not know his real status in the US now, if he is an LPR, an illegal immigrant or anything.

Me and my siblings have our own family now and all I wanted now is for him to come home and spend the rest of his life with my mom and their grandchildren.

I have a stable job overseas and know planning on getting a B2 visa to surprise visit him, check his real status in the US and somehow convince him to come home. We do not have other relatives in the US.

I am planning on getting a Visa on a US consulate overseas from where i am residing now and was thinking of telling the Consulate Officer these reasons (during the interview) as to why I wanted to go to the US. Visit my father, tour LA (state where he's at) and convince him to come home.

I do not know the implications it would cause my father or my B2 application hence I wanted your opinion and suggestions before I decide to go through it....

Thank you.

No offense meant here but this is none of your business.

check his real status in the US

You have the right idea in mind. Honestly reveal, if questioned, what you intentions are in the US. On the B-2 application form, you will be asked to list relatives living in the US and their status in the US. If you are unsure of your father's status, reflect that fact on your B-2 application.

I am planning on getting a Visa on a US consulate overseas from where i am residing now and was thinking of telling the Consulate Officer these reasons (during the interview) as to why I wanted to go to the US. Visit my father, tour LA (state where he's at) and convince him to come home.

I do not know the implications it would cause my father or my B2 application hence I wanted your opinion and suggestions before I decide to go through it....