I need urgent help!

mira

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I\'m on bench and waiting for 485 approval. FP is cpmplete in November 2000 and ND is June 2000(EB2 India).

The problem is my employer has told me he won\'t keep me on bench for more than 2 months. In such a case should I go for EAD NOW? If I go for EAD the six month rule may be clear by April so tha I can continue mu GC.

If I apply for EAd or get the EAD and NOT use it and keep working for the same company, will it affect my H-1 extension to some other company in case my employer lays me off and closes my GC offer?

If he keeps the offer open will it matter if I use the EAD to work eleswhere?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Apply EAD card for you, you can apply yourself without your company help. AFTER you received your EAD, you can go to another company to work.

Six months period is starts from receipt date of your i485, not from EAD date, so that you are already eligible to go to another company and only thing you need now EAD card to jump. Apply now.
Your employer can\'t closes your GC process because you already cross all stages.

No Title

Please do not take my advive as I am not an attorney..
  This is just my anonymous friendly opinion to be taken seriously at
  your own risk

I underesand excatly what you mean..I have a lot of friends in your
 boat

I suggest 2 things
 1) Try to find a placement yourself and work it with your
 company..This is the straight ..but slightly hard thing to do.. with
 the current state of the economy. I would keep trying

2) If (1) does not work..
 1) apply fo an EAD,
 2) Find a new employer..satisfing the OLD LC conditions
 3) then change employment stating 2045 Law

No Title

Hi ascasc,
Thanks for replying.
My problem is I don\'t have the original receipt of I-485, my company gave me a photocopy.
So in this case can I apply EAD card by my self????

Mira

No Title

Well this is just opinion,
1. Your employer is not supposed to keep your orinigal 485 documents. It is illigal. Go and ask them.

2. As far as 6months rule for changing the company, proceed with caution. I consulted many people including few attorneys. All of them gave me same answer \'INS has not interpreted that clause yet\'.

My best advise would be:
Somehow make some arragments with your current company to keep you on payroll until you get GC