I need to renew my visa

tomaS-1

Hi guys.

I got terminated Sevis and while I was out of the USA I applied for different school and I got new I-20 with different number. I used my first visa because it was still valid. however, I have been in the USA for while and my visa has expired, can I go home and apply for new visa? is it hard to get new visa because of my first sevis was terminated or should I stay??

thank you

As long as your I-20 is up-to-date, you don't need to renew your visa.

However, if you know you will be travelling - then you need to renew it.

I do not think that will be an issue, but you could always confirm with the international student advisor/office in your school. Ask them what they think.

But, to be on the safe side, I'll say you shouldn't go home. There's always a what if. What if they don't renew it, then there's no way for you to get back to the U.S.

thank you for your answer,

I really need to go home to visit my family, but when I go home I need to renew my visa ( student). the terminated sevis that I got it will prevent me from getting new visa or since I have new sevis number it is fine?.

peace of love

hey guys

I have been waiting for any advise that might help me. I would be thankful if I get answer for my question. Thank you in advance.