I need help, very confusing situation

appleknight

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone. Im not sure if this happened before but Im really confused. I had my AOS interview July 19th and after that, the officer told me that I am approved and my GC will arrive in the mail in about a month. I read from some of the threads that some people receive welcome notice on the mail before they get their GCs few days after the interview, which I did not receive. With this, I tried calling the USCIS customer service and informed me that my AOS is still pending and have to wait for 5 months before it will be processed. I scheduled an infopass appointment with USCIS to clear things up. I need to know if anyone of you is in the same situation as I do. I need help.

Thanks in advance

Do not worry about USCIS Costumer Service, they are most likely to point you in the wrong direction.

Make an infopass 1 month after your AOS interview, that means Aug 19th.

Thanks Praetorian, btw, not getting any welcome notice from the mail for more than 2 weeks after the interview is just normal?

Good luck on your AOS interview!

Got the email

Hi praetorian,

I got an email today and they said that my card production has been ordered. That was a relief! Thanks so much for your advice and i canceled my infopass apointment as soon as a read your response. Thanks a lot!

not getting any welcome notice from the mail for more than 2 weeks after the interview is just normal?

I had my interview on July 17th. Not a peep from the USCIS since then. Frankly, I'm getting a little impatient here... :(

I got an email today and they said that my card production has been ordered. That was a relief!

I hope that's what's gonna happen to me soon... :confused:

What's your DO?

Thanks praetorian, hope to hear from you with regards to your interview today. Good Luck.

ttinatl, My DO is in Seattle, WA. Did the officer tell you, youll get your card in about a month? Praetorian was right, USCIS customer service is sometimes misleading.

ttinatl, My DO is in Seattle, WA. Did the officer tell you, youll get your card in about a month? Praetorian was right, USCIS customer service is sometimes misleading.

He actually said I'd be getting it in two weeks. I was approved on the spot and even got an I-551 stamp in my passport. Since then, not even an LUD change... :(

He actually said I'd be getting it in two weeks. I was approved on the spot and even got an I-551 stamp in my passport. Since then, not even an LUD change... :(

hi ttinatl, your situation is better than than mine, you got an I 551 stamp and you can go about getting other paperworks done (i.e. SSN, driver's lic, etc.) . According to the USCIS website, call the customer service if you didnt receive a welcome letter after 30 days (since the date of approval, of course i was getting impatient that time so i decided to call the uscis even if it is not over 30 days.hehehe). I didn't get any stamp on my passport that's why i was worried.

hi ttinatl, your situation is better than than mine, you got an I 551 stamp and you can go about getting other paperworks done (i.e. SSN, driver's lic, etc.) . According to the USCIS website, call the customer service if you didnt receive a welcome letter after 30 days (since the date of approval, of course i was getting impatient that time so i decided to call the uscis even if it is not over 30 days.hehehe). I didn't get any stamp on my passport that's why i was worried.

Thanks for your replies, appleknight!

Yeah, I'm not really that worried, just getting impatient. :D

As my H1B is no longer valid (I'm guessing, since I was approved), and for whatever reason, even though the I-551 stamp is valid for a year, the IO authorized me to work only until October (physically wrote it on the stamp), I would like to have my green card in my hand by that time. Other than that, I don't have to worry about SSN, driver's license, etc. I already have all those things.

Good luck to you! I hope you get your card soon! :)