I need any gentleman to answer me plz.

Ms.elegance

Registered Users (C)
Iam dentist and have passed California Dental Board Exam on last August , My question is ; if I apply for J1 visa subject to 212e and find employer to sponsor me to H1 visa can I transfer my visa to H1 inside US before it is expired ? if not ; is there anyway to avoid 212e when I start to apply for J1 visa from my home country (Egypt) ??

Also if I want to change my J1 visa to J waiver ( not subject to 212e ) and get refused , is this means that I have to back to home country or there is another way i can do it to stay and work in US ?
Thanks in advance for any help... :(

Also I heard that doctors couldn't perform direct patient care if they are on J1 visa unless they return back to home country for 2 years , is this right ? ( Iam already passed california dental board exam ) ..did anyone face such case before ?

gentleman answer

Ms. Elegance :D ,
avoid J1 visa. On what visa you are now? Pursude your sponser for H1 visa.
J1 visa is a nightmare.

Ms.elegance said:
Iam dentist and have passed California Dental Board Exam on last August , My question is ; if I apply for J1 visa subject to 212e and find employer to sponsor me to H1 visa can I transfer my visa to H1 inside US before it is expired ?

if not ; is there anyway to avoid 212e when I start to apply for J1 visa from my home country (Egypt) ??

Also if I want to change my J1 visa to J waiver ( not subject to 212e ) and get refused , is this means that I have to back to home country or there is another way i can do it to stay and work in US ?
Thanks in advance for any help... :(

Dear Abeshaw
Iam on B1-2 visa ( tourism ) , my employer is ready to sponsor me with H1 , but as you know new h1 quota will start on April,2006 and will be effective on Oct.2006 ( too much time ) and Iam willing to start working now then change my visa to H1..
why do u say that J1 is nightmare ?
Thanks so much for help...