I may need wait for 11 years to get GC

Cut-off date

Though there is no official announcement form INS yet, we have been receiving different pieces of information that makes me think that this calendar year INS will be processing applications filed in 1998 both at local INS offices and NSC:
1. Recent experience posted by Rosee
2. Memo from NS posted in discussion: "Check this out. Asylum adjustment for FY 2002" is an indicative that INS is about to complete applications filed before June 1998, at local INS offices
3. Experience posted by Jay Ghoury in discussion "Got my passport stamped today!!" he was called for fingerprint when apparently INS gave him a LIN number corresponding to 1998.
I wish to be mistaken but I believ there are some hopes in calendar year 2002 for people that filed in 1998. Hope so.

Interest of Congressman

Dear Alanpero:
Our congressman is very helping person. I have couple of experiences with him. In fact one of my friend filed I-130 for his wife and INS acted as very rude in handling his case. We went to our congressman and he straightened the next day. INS was forced to expedite the process by him and withing 45 days his wife was here in the United States. SO one should not suspect the motive of congressman. They are public servents. One should know how to approach them and pursue later on instead of suspecting their motiv.

Thanks

No Title

Thats why I went to my congressman. Upon congressman\'s pursuance, INS checked my application and told him that everything is fine with my application. Its just a matter of case ahead of me. INS in fact faxed him a latter stating about my application. So for that matter I am fine as INS can\'t report any objection and reject my case. So I think you must go to your congressman and ask him to help you our. Also these congressmen has direct access to INS. I am not sure if INS has speciall cell with entertain their requests/matters.
Thanks and good luck

No Title

Rosee, I totally agree with your statement. In my case, I only got response from one of them. The others didn\'t respond.

No Title

McGoo, visit these sites http://www.house.gov and http://www.senate.gov look for the representatives for the state where you are residing. Visit their website and visit other congressperson\'s sites as well. You might find answers to your questions in there.
Each location/state in the US has representative in the House of Representatives and Senate and they are supposed to help and serve all the people residing in the community they represent.
My experience is that I have got response from them, without asking me if I can vote or not. And, you will see in this same portal that other people have had similar experiences.
The worst that could happen is not to get any response, rigth? So, why to worry about what could move them to help people like us, with no resident status yet?
Good luck.

No Title

Congressmen are supposed to serve their communities. It doesn\'t mean they should not work for you when you can\'t vote. A 17yo citizen can\'t vote either.

Yes most politicians are selected by voters and they pay attention to what voters think. But I don\'t believe it\'s that simple. One vote doesn\'t count much really. It\'s more important to consider their constituents\' reaction when the issue involves or interests many people. Also the fact that a politician helps someone in his community is almost always positive for him, unless the issue at hand is controversial. Besides, politicians should be leaders. They can\'t just follow what most people think.