I married the wrong american

henboy1

Registered Users (C)
Hold on for a long story:
I entered the US on a diplomatic visa(I-94) or the child of a diplomat in 1986 when I was 14 and then later changed to an f-1 visa in 1992.I lived with my wife for 3/12yrs before we got married.We have been married for the past 18 months.
All through out the marriage, she seem like she was making herself available to others as I have proof in tape recordings that I made.I also saw her with someone else at a bar which she claim the hug meant nothing.The recordings are obvious but I feel used since I pay all the bills and she seem to be looking for a place to stay and scared top be lonely as I see it.It could also mean I am not the one for her.I realise this girl has a problem.I left the house temporarily, since I didn't want to even deal with the fact that I have a wife who makes herself available to the ones she is attracted to.She wants me home but not until she realises that there is no one out there like me to fork all the bills for the past 41/2yrs.

On finding out the contents of the recordings, I was so hurt that I went and files for an eviction(how stupid) although both our names were on the lease and I was the "primary lease holder".I then apologised for this.

The question:
We filed about 9 months ago and we are waiting on their decison as far as me not having a birth cert.I went through a lawyer about this issue since I was born in Italy but I hold a Ghanaian passport.The lawyer prepared a sworn affidavit from Ghnana and sent it to them with his letter to grant me an interview etc...
That is in review.I have also decided to go back to the house after being away for a month.She has also threatened not to go to the interview if I don't come home, and from research, if this happens it automatically puts me in "removal status".

I asked my lawyer about the legal ramifications and he adviced me to try to just go home and make up.Since we both lived together I was dealing with a club chick or drunk at times who couldn't make it home.I will go back home but incase she refuses to go to the interview after I submit my I-693 medical that will put me in a bad position.My lawyer says if I could divorce and remarry within 6 months, I could get away with the "removal" status that may pend.I guess the removal databse is a 6 month turn around.
I just want to confirm the lawyers legal ramifications.:confused:
:confused:

My lawyer says if I could divorce and remarry within 6 months, I could get away with the "removal" status that may pend.

I hate to be the one to say it, but this is just plain wrong. You will not find many friends on here talking about marrying to advance your immigration status.

My lawyer says if I could divorce and remarry within 6 months, I could get away with the "removal" status that may pend.I guess the removal databse is a 6 month turn around.
I just want to confirm the lawyers legal ramifications.:confused:
:confused:

Not only is this morally wrong, it is legally wrong as well. I doubt it was an actual attorney who told you this. Probably an immigration "consultant".