I\'m on H4 visa and looking for a job as a pharmacy tech in NJ

pannu123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I completed my B.Pharmacy in India and now i\'m on H4 visa living in New Jersey.So is there a way to work as a pharmacy technician until I clear all the tests(FPGEE etc.,)?If yes,are there any pharmacies or hospitals that offer H1-visa for foreign gradutes?

Thanks
pannu

No way!

You must clear the FPGEE to get the internship job. No body will sponsor you. Atleast not in NJ/NY area. Even if you get clear your FPGEE you wont get any job in NJ/NY area. Clear your FPGEE, i heard Texas, florida sponsor for intern. But you could always get an illegal job from any desi pharmacy.

why it is difficult to get a job in NY/NJ

Hi Habib,

Thanks for your reply.I\'m wondering why it is difficult to get a job
in NY/NJ even after passing FPGEE?I heard that US has shortage of pharmacists.Is it not true? I desperately need a job at this moment.could you please give some suggestions to get around this.

Infact,i\'m ready to take some courses(ex.,medical assistant etc.,) in order to get a job soon.Do you think will it make my search easier?
and i also need H1 sponsership.

Thanks
Pannu

Beacuse:

you will get job NY/NJ from desi pharmacy as an illegal worker or you could get intern job voluntary intern without pay. But NY/NJ company wont sponsor you. NY/NJ has no shortage and NY licensure green card.

I got EAD(WORKPERMIT),so, i want to do as pharmacy technician

hai all,
i am new to this group.
i want to work as a pharmacy technician in CALIFORNIA,i have completed B.PHARM. in AP. if any body is working as phar,technician please guide me.
i got my EAD, i probably write my fpgee in this december,i am getting bore with out any work.
please give me the post reply.
thank u
pranitha

actually our GC is in process,we got EAD ,so we can work here with that card

hai,
we live in CA,i want to work as a technician but in california we need license to work as a technician.i want to write technician exam,ptcb ,if any body knows what material to study for the technician exam ,please give me reply.
thanks
pranitha

pranitha,
go to the library and look for pharmacy technicain review book. Im here in oregon and we dont need licensing for pharm tech. I am a foreign pharmacist graduate also and looking for a job as pharm tech but since our place is just small so i have a little oppurtunity to apply as pharm tech. i will take my fpgee in december but for the meantime im applying for another job like medical receptionist or any job related to medical profession. :eek:
oregom also sponsor an H1 visa. I have a friend here working in rite aid as intern now and nxt week she will take her naplex already.

goodluck,
:)